Thread: Helicopter Rides Over JFK/LGA?

Helicopter Rides Over JFK/LGA?

I found it to be a little steep but maybe for very unique opportunities, there's an NJ-based helicopter company that flies an R-44 for $800 per hour for 3 passengers. They also have an R-22 with one passenger for $400/hour.

Maybe if you're feeling daring or for when the next Space Shuttle lands?

coreheli.com
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Maybe when I get one of those dogs that craps out $100 bills......
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I was lucky enough to land at LGA in a S-76....that was fun
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

all my helo time was in CH46s and -53s with a rifle between my legs, and a map in my hand.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Cheaper to take one of the tour rides out of Wall Street!! Did that many times back in the day when Island Helicopters flew out of East 34St. Flew the NY Helicopters airport shuttle to JFK back in, ugh, ugh, 1983!! when my wife and I were going to catch our honeymoon flight to Hawaii. Ceiling wasnt that great so we flew low over Brooklyn!! Awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Cheaper to take one of the tour rides out of Wall Street!! Did that many times back in the day when Island Helicopters flew out of East 34St. Flew the NY Helicopters airport shuttle to JFK back in, ugh, ugh, 1983!! when my wife and I were going to catch our honeymoon flight to Hawaii. Ceiling wasnt that great so we flew low over Brooklyn!! Awesome!!
    I am sorry I never did that, I worked the ramp in the 80's/90's right next to NY Helicopter's ops at JFK ( TWA terminal )

It's a shame we no longer have that service.

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R View Post
    I am sorry I never did that, I worked the ramp in the 80's/90's right next to NY Helicopter's ops at JFK ( TWA terminal )
    It's a shame we no longer have that service.
    Yup but not sure it was or is cost effective!! Pan Am also flew their shuttle out of East 60st using Bell 222s and then later added the bigger Westland WG30.
    BTW we flew in one of the S-58Ts. Nice ride!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yup but not sure it was or is cost effective!! Pan Am also flew their shuttle out of East 60st using Bell 222s and then later added the bigger Westland WG30.
    BTW we flew in one of the S-58Ts. Nice ride!!
    I remember watching the Westlands and the Bell 222's they had at 60th st. It always amazed me how close they had to manouver to the Tram and the bridge to get in there. 60th Street was tiny, it's a shame they closed it

Quote Originally Posted by DHG750R View Post
    I remember watching the Westlands and the Bell 222's they had at 60th st. It always amazed me how close they had to manouver to the Tram and the bridge to get in there. 60th Street was tiny, it's a shame they closed it
    Loved that heliport!! Worked about a 10 minute walk from there and used to go down there for lunch and after work!! Standing on the roadway wall as the helicopters came right at you, stopped, did a 180 and lowered into a spot between two other helicopters WAS amazing!!

http://www.helispot.com/photos/3298-...t+Helicopters/
    Last edited by Gerard; 2014-05-17 at 09:53 AM.

had a word with them earlier today - the guy seemed a lil pushy towards the R44. He said "with the R22 it is so slow the Kennedy tower will ask us to buzz off"

Having said that - anyone here used them before?

Also, anyone interested in doing one anytime soon? I'm up for it if I can find someone...

Quote Originally Posted by abandagale View Post
    had a word with them earlier today - the guy seemed a lil pushy towards the R44. He said "with the R22 it is so slow the Kennedy tower will ask us to buzz off"

Having said that - anyone here used them before?

Also, anyone interested in doing one anytime soon? I'm up for it if I can find someone...
    Message me if you're interested in doing a photo flight around NYC. We have very competitive rates, a diverse and well maintained fleet of helicopters, and experienced photo/film pilots.