Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach, NY May 25th & 26th

According to The Bethpage Federal Credit Union App the B-17 Yankee Lady will be appearing in the show and stage out of The American AirPower Museum.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    Official web site

http://bethpageairshow.com/
    According to their site, there is also a mobile app available which offers performer info, including a live radio feed. Also noticed they have completely revamped the "logo" for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    According to their site, there is also a mobile app available which offers performer info, including a live radio feed. Also noticed they have completely revamped the "logo" for the show.
    Yes the APP seems very good

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    Glad they changed the logo. They sure as hell havent changed the lineup. Even the casual observers I bring to JB shows comment "this is the same as last year."

I still attend (unless it rains out), but the show has been sub-par for the last several years. When it first started there really were a lot more performers, especially in the military jets category. Now? It alternates between the BA's & TB's... and MAYBE you see one other jet demo :( I'll never forget one of those early years, where we had the BA's, CAF Super Hornet, US Super Hornet, A-10, B1-B, Snow Birds, Breitling, and a few other jet teams that I can't quite recall. Still have never seen a B2 in person and wish one would fly at Jones :(

So I take my vacation around the airshow every year and am a very amateur photographer, does anyone have a good place for me to camp out it ISP without ruffling too many feathers? Prefer the planes to be in motion when I photograph them...

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    So I take my vacation around the airshow every year and am a very amateur photographer, does anyone have a good place for me to camp out it ISP without ruffling too many feathers? Prefer the planes to be in motion when I photograph them...
    Last two times Thunderbirds were at ISP the opened an area for viewing. Other than that they will chase you from what I've heard. I know non past threads for Thunderbird shows people have posted where they would try. Think Ronkonkoma Train station was one.

I'm like you and take vacation around air show time but only for the Blues come to town as its more friendly to spot at Republic
    Glenn

The American AirPower Museum releases an update on their Legends of AirPower Weekend 2019, from their Facebook page,

”The Legends of Airpower 2019 this Memorial Day Weekend at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport in Farmingdale, NY. Join us as we honor the 75th Anniversary of D-Day this Memorial Day Weekend. Come take a flight in WWII Legends the B-17G Flying Fortress and one of the only two seat TP-40N Warhawks! Come see the Museum aircraft collection, along with visiting Warbirds like the FG-1D Corsair, MK1 Spitfire, and ultra rare Mitsubishi Zero!”

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    The American AirPower Museum releases an update on their Legends of AirPower Weekend 2019, from their Facebook page,

”The Legends of Airpower 2019 this Memorial Day Weekend at the American Airpower Museum at Republic Airport in Farmingdale, NY. Join us as we honor the 75th Anniversary of D-Day this Memorial Day Weekend. Come take a flight in WWII Legends the B-17G Flying Fortress and one of the only two seat TP-40N Warhawks! Come see the Museum aircraft collection, along with visiting Warbirds like the FG-1D Corsair, MK1 Spitfire, and ultra rare Mitsubishi Zero!”
    WOAH! OK so I've just decided I'm NOT going to the beach since the show is a re-run of the past 4 years. But to see a Spit and ZERO?!!!? AAM it will be!
    Passengers should NEVER leave babies in an infant carrier while it goes through the X-ray machine"
    --TSA.GOV website

FYI - I see the 106th Rescue Wing Demo has been taken off the performers list now and a
    Coast Guard search and rescue demo from Cape Cod has been added to the list instead.

So we are getting close to the show, does anyone have any arrival times for the acts yet?

Hey guys anyone know the times the T-Birds are coming in and there weekly schedule. And the best place to view them in the air at MacArther airport for some Ariel shots.
    Last edited by Innes; 2019-05-19 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Check

FYI, the FAA posted the TFRs for the show and the air space is closed from 3PM to 4PM
    over Jones Beach on Thurs. afternoon. That's when the T-Birds should be doing their circle
    and arrival maneuvers, where they pick out landmarks to use as they fly, and get familiar
    with the surroundings down at the beach and over the water for their flight demonstration.

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_9_7836.html

Do we have the Day and time the T Birds are coming into ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI, the FAA posted the TFRs for the show and the air space is closed from 3PM to 4PM
    over Jones Beach on Thurs. afternoon. That's when the T-Birds should be doing their circle
    and arrival maneuvers, where they pick out landmarks to use as they fly, and get familiar
    with the surroundings down at the beach and over the water for their flight demonstration.

https://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_9_7836.html
    Weird only an hour in the afternoon and at 3:00. Makes ya wonder if they're coming in Thursday late morning.
    Glenn