Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED: JFK Spotting Helicopter Info

I can tell you right out of the gate that the chances of JFK tower letting you loiter anyplace in the Bravo are about slim to none at an hour where it is worth spotting. We don't even like NYPD doing touch and goes on the pad next to Foxtrot during daylight hours.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

From what I understand (as per the star helicopters website) the R44 can accommodate upto 3 spotters...

If I can somehow find 2 spotters willing to share, I'm up for this...

The pics of JFK Sam got from the chopper back in Sept 2011 were simply mind blowing!!

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abandagale View Post
    From what I understand (as per the star helicopters website) the R44 can accommodate upto 3 spotters...

If I can somehow find 2 spotters willing to share, I'm up for this...

The pics of JFK Sam got from the chopper back in Sept 2011 were simply mind blowing!!
    Not sure which city you are looking to book? "Star" is in the LA area, but this thread is about JFK.
    -Don B.

coreheli.com

R-44 for $800 per hour (upto 2 spotters). They have R-22 with one passenger for $400/hour but when i spoke to the guy there he recommended against it as the tower doesnt like its 'slow' nature esp while crossing runways

A
    nyone interested in doing one anytime soon? I'm up for it if I can find someone...

near ESS/EDLE, DUS/EDDL and CGN/EDDK, Germany
    Just now, heard on liveatc.net there's a helicopter requesting to hower at 1000ft somewhere close to the final to take pictures. I think they requested 20 minutes. Tower handed them over to Departure I think, but if I heard it correct, they got permission.

helicopterflighttraininginc.com does sightseeing around Long Island. ''If there is something special you want to see, ask us and we will try to accommodate you as best we can'' Price is not listed on the website.
    How do I do that?