Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello to all. I'm a new member here. I'm a retired FAA Airworthiness Inspector from the AMR-CMO at DFW. Joined Air Force 1960-1964 as a SAC trained killer on B47's at Dyess AFB and Plattsburgh AFB. Employed by a major air carrier. Then was an Air Reserve Techican (ART) at March AFB and Carswell AFB. Went with the FAA in 1980 at their Lubbock,Texas office and transferred to DFW in 1990 from where I retired in 2011.

I suspect I'm a bit older than most of you here,but don't let that stop you from asking questions. My two favorite airplanes are the B47 and the B727.

Welcome aboard! I'm a SAC trained killer as well, I flew KC-135As out of Grissom.

Thank you. Everyone seems to be amazed at how long the BUFF has been in service,but either forget or don't know that the KC-135 is right up there with the BUFF in terms of length of service.

I see you live in Long Island. I was born in Rochester and raised in Henrietta.

I'm not on Long Island these days, I live in Charlotte now, but I get back home three or four times a year.

Welcome! I'm an aircraft dispatcher with a major carrier, formerly for a military charter operator. Grew up in Queens, currently residing in Riverside County, CA, near March Air Reserve Base.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by PhilDernerJr View Post
    Welcome! I'm an aircraft dispatcher with a major carrier, formerly for a military charter operator. Grew up in Queens, currently residing in Riverside County, CA, near March Air Reserve Base.
    Thank you.

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Welcome aboard! For my day job, I'm a technician working in the entertainment industry in NYC. My aviation experience lies more on the enthusiast and journalist side.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Landing Lights View Post
    Welcome aboard! For my day job, I'm a technician working in the entertainment industry in NYC. My aviation experience lies more on the enthusiast and journalist side.
    Thank you. I like your user name.

Hello sir and welcome. My Dad was a USAAF-trained killer in the B-24 and -25. Got me into aviation but I only hang around as a hobbyist as I work in insurance to pay the bills

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Hello sir and welcome. My Dad was a USAAF-trained killer in the B-24 and -25. Got me into aviation but I only hang around as a hobbyist as I work in insurance to pay the bills
    Thank you.