Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JFK - February 15, 2011 (JetBlue "I Heart Blue York")

JFK - February 15, 2011 (JetBlue "I Heart Blue York")

Went out to JFK for the day, and got the JetBlue "I Heart Blue York" arriving. A.net rejected my first upload attempt, and has been holding my better shot hostage since last night with no explanation of why it hasn't been processed yet. Meanwhile, they already added a photo of a new Ethiad plane that was taken today, with a huge shadow/highlight halo on it. No offense to that photographer (it's obvious the shooting conditions were less than ideal)...but I just wish A.net would be more consistent in their screening. They normally let stuff slide with priority screening, but are being really nit-picky with my photo for some reason.

Other highlights were the Evergreen 744F in basic Saudi Arabian colors, AA OneWorld 757, JetBlue Real Salt Lake, 100th Airbus, and the "I'm Starting to Despise Blue, A.net" scheme. Here are just a few photos (right-click and "View Image" for full-size):

Last edited by Cary; 2011-02-16 at 01:58 PM.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Nice cary ! That Jetblue is a beauty !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Quote Originally Posted by Roush6NY View Post
    Nice cary ! That Jetblue is a beauty !
    Thanks Kaz!

Maybe my re-upload will get accepted...

Last edited by Cary; 2011-02-16 at 02:24 PM.

Carey,
    As usual awesome shot. Thanks for the upload. Heres an example that echoes your woes.....

BTW, it had over 1000 hits on the Jet Photos in 1-2 days considering a very old and boring shot.

I usually do only a dozen from each trip. We all get enough rejections in our facets of lives so for 0.0001% imperfection to get rejection... is getting too old for some of us photogs. No wonder why so many photogs does not even bother to upload on A.net.

Raj

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Thanks Kaz!

Maybe my re-upload will get accepted...

Yup.... and IT WILL BE TOD

Nice shot, Raj! But I would have rejected your shot too...for "Visible horizon with no girls in bikinis". Sorry

Seriously though, I was at over 80% acceptance with my TNCM/TFFJ and other recent shots, and suddenly they crack down on a banner news upload of mine? And now that I've publicly complained about it, it may never see the light of day on A.net
    Last edited by Cary; 2011-02-16 at 02:52 PM.

Very nice Cary! I see your photo as the Top photo right now on JP.net! Way to go!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Thanks Steve :)

Cary, well done!! You lucked out with not just the capture but with the light which had been bad from the weekend.

Your edit off Maho beach would be rejected for improper angle and flap setting hahahahaahaha.

BTW, the A.Net inconsistency stems from the many different tastes of the many different screeners. Some are more strict than others. I know for sure some prefer one shot over another. However I have been told by many screeners on A.net that they try really hard not to let personal taste dictate a decision. If the image is technically OK, they should accept whatever content as long as it does not violate motive.. But definitely decisions by one screener are defended by other screeners by policy most of the time. I have seen very poor accepted photos make it from time to time recently. But we just truck along. We all learn to cope with the rejections. :-)
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2011-02-16 at 05:09 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Cary, well done!! You lucked out with not just he capture but with the light which had been bad from the weekend.

Your edit off Maho beach would be rejected for improper angle and flap setting hahahahaahaha.

BTW, the A.Net inconsistency stems from the many different tastes of the many different screeners. Some are more strict than others. I know for sure some prefer one shot over another. However I have been told by many screeners on A.net that they try really hard not to let personal taste dictate a decision. If the image is technically OK, they should accept whatever content as long as it does not violate motive.. But definitely decisions by one screener are defended by other screeners by policy most of the time. I have seen very poor accepted photos make it from time to time recently. But we just truck along. We all learn to cope with the rejections. :-)
    Thanks Manny. I don't sweat rejections too much on normal uploads anymore, but the fact that my better shot has just been sitting there and they haven't rejected it, accepted it, or replied back after 16 hours is frustrating. I assumed it was because they didn't get to it yet, but then they accept a new photo that was shot well after I submitted/wrote them... [alright...rant over]

I would be pi$$sed too.. .especially if it was re: the same subject matter LOL. BTW, what [is] the damn color of that thing? Milk, Cream, White? On your JP.net one, it looks like it has a blue cast... when I balanced it by eyesight on my computer so the sky looked more like I am used to, the plane became more white than not but I am not sure what's right as a color for it. I have not seen it in person yet :-)
    Manny Gonzalez

I would be pi$$sed too.. .especially if it was re: the same subject matter LOL. BTW, what [is] the damn color of that thing? Milk, Cream, White? On your JP.net one, it looks like it has a blue cast... when I balanced it by eyesight on my computer so the sky looked more like I am used to, the plane became more white than not but I am not sure what's right as a color for it. I have not seen it in person yet :-)
    Haha, it's white. Lighting wasn't perfect, since the sun was still high. I'm not seeing too much color cast on the photo, but I might need to recalibrate my monitor. I didn't make any color/contrast/saturation adjustments...having used both systems equally, Canon DSLRs tend to saturate red/green/blues a lot more than Nikon DSLRs (with standard RAW conversion).

Cary, no, not saturation but color balance... let me show you what I see... hopefully it shows in IE/FF/Safari

I superimposed the layers with your original and my perceptual corrections and highlighted the splits... (RIGHT-CLICK | VIEW IMAGE to see at full size)

Diagonally

Stripes

Manny Gonzalez

Awesome catch on Jet Blue. The last few photo's I submitted to Anet got rejected, and it all depends on what screener you get. I've appealed some and I've gotten a totally different reason.........go figure. Now to keep my eye's on the sky for Blues.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Cary, no, not saturation but color balance... let me show you what I see... hopefully it shows in IE/FF/Safari

I superimposed the layers with your original and my perceptual corrections and highlighted the splits... (RIGHT-CLICK | VIEW IMAGE to see at full size)
    Oh no, I knew you were talking about color balance...I just talked about saturation because you mentioned "when I balanced it by eyesight on my computer so the sky looked more like I am used to". Every Canon I've owned tends to oversaturate blue skies. IMHO, I think the edits are a little too warm for my tastes. But it may have to deal with my cold demeanor today I suppose a temperature halfway in-between might have been best.
    Last edited by Cary; 2011-02-16 at 08:09 PM.