Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Hurricane Irene

Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Had a chance to step out this morning and this is what HoBe looked liked when Hurricane Irene did her thing.
    Looking south on Cross Bay Blvd. going towards the HoBe spotting location. Two dumpsters blocking the ramps on the bridge going to the Rockaways.
    Well unless you had a boat doesnt look like you were getting to the bridge anyway.
    Pretty wild.

Was out sweeping my backyard and returning my furniture when I heard an approaching copter. It was a Bell 430 and it was heading S/SE probably in the area of the Hicksville. Looked like
    it might have been a State ship. Maybe Gov Cuomo in the area checking things out? About 3PM.
    And NYPD Aviation 14 Air/Sea Rescue was over a windsurfer at Riis Park who lost his board about 200 yards off shore. They were thinking of deploying divers but the guy got his board
    back and they used their PA system to tell him to get back to sure. He complied.
    Got a little breezy out again.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    the water got within about 20 yards of where i live and then receded. One block over there was a river of water going down the street.
    Eric you get a chance to drive by Middle Bay CC and see how they were?

My cousin in Middlesex, NJ got hit bad This is his block. He was up all night helping people out with boats.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Eric you get a chance to drive by Middle Bay CC and see how they were?
    My cousin in Middlesex, NJ got hit bad This is his block. He was up all night helping people out with boats.
    Wow!! Amazing. Irene dropped tons of more rain on NJ than here on LI. We were lucky in that respect.

Nick at the peak of the storm with the Atlantic behind him by Gilgo

These shots were taken between 7am and 11am

I have lots of videos that I can post soon if anyone is interested
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Taken late afternoon in Long Beach. Wind Guest were still up near 30/40 miles an hour.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Got pretty windy and some rain around 4PM. Clear now and a beautiful sunset in places (watching Long Beach on News12) still some gusty winds.
    BTW has anyone seen ANY LIPA trucks around? Anywhere?

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Great grabs everyone. I'll get around to posting the ones I grabbed this morning and during tour later. The Gov. came into town mid day for the typical driveby tour and hand shaking session mid day today.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Beautiful evening with the stars shining and cool temps. And very quiet skies with all the airports closed. Last time the skies were this quiet was almost 10 years ago.

Those are all some killer shots! Fred, you were about to go out to Gilgo and Fire Island during the storm? We couldn't get even within eye-sight of the coast line here even before the storm started.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    Those are all some killer shots! Fred, you were about to go out to Gilgo and Fire Island during the storm? We couldn't get even within eye-sight of the coast line here even before the storm started.
    Fred is ninja-photographer. Nobody sees him. His car is painted in stealth scheme. ;)

Great shots, guys! Just when I thought it was over, we ended up losing power about 7:30 Sunday evening. Came back on around 1:40 this afternoon - right after my neighbor brought home a generator from work so we could at least keep both our refrigerators running.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Great shots, guys! Just when I thought it was over, we ended up losing power about 7:30 Sunday evening. Came back on around 1:40 this afternoon - right after my neighbor brought home a generator from work so we could at least keep both our refrigerators running.
    I was lucky but wouldnt be surprised I lose it sometime during the week. There are lots of areas without power all around me and sometimes they have to shutdown other grids to repair
    another. Well one more day of Vacay tomorrow then back to work Wed so hopefully they do it while I'm at work (sorry dear ). I know a few friends here were told Thursday, others Friday or Sat.