Thread: Small plane crash on 287 in NJ.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Small plane crash on 287 in NJ.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...sey&id=8473709

Looks bad. Nothing intact just a lot of pieces.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

It's amazing they didn't take out any commuters, that road gets pretty congested

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The headline of that story is creepy: "Investment bankers die in NJ highway plane crash."

Are they trying to capitalize on the growing popularity of anti-investment-banker sentiment?
    or
    Are they trying to capitalize on the idolization of rich people? I.e. readers are more horrified/compelled to read about rich people dying than "regular" people.

Why not "Entire family dies in NJ highway plane crash"? Isn't that the worst part?

/end philosophical rant
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    The headline of that story is creepy: "Investment bankers die in NJ highway plane crash."

Are they trying to capitalize on the growing popularity of anti-investment-banker sentiment?
    or
    Are they trying to capitalize on the idolization of rich people? I.e. readers are more horrified/compelled to read about rich people dying than "regular" people.

Why not "Entire family dies in NJ highway plane crash"? Isn't that the worst part?

/end philosophical rant
    I think you are spot on, that headline was pretty bad. Then again it is MSNBC, which is the propaganda outlet for the DNC. They lost all credibility long time ago. Gov Christie told Mika on Morning Joe this morning she was in the tank for Obama. I almost pissed myself.

From NorthJersey.com, there were reports of moderate icing in the area and altitudes they flying at, which the pilot was discussing with ATC before the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    I think you are spot on, that headline was pretty bad. Then again it is MSNBC, which is the propaganda outlet for the DNC. They lost all credibility long time ago.
    And from Fox News:
    5 Dead, Including 2 Investment Bankers, in Small Plane Crash in New Jersey

Gov Christie told Mika on Morning Joe this morning she was in the tank for Obama. I almost pissed myself.
    And this relates to the plane crash how?

And this relates to the plane crash how?
    You a mod now? Stop trolling my posts. If you have an issue with me you have my number. No need to hijack threads.

Here is a much more sensitive article about the victims in the crash:
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...sh_in_mor.html
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Here is a much more sensitive article about the victims in the crash:
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...sh_in_mor.html
    Good find Cary, good to see local media taking the high road.

Good find Cary, good to see local media taking the high road.

Hate to say it but media outlets are in it to make a profit- not be the model of morality. A title about investment bankers being killed as opposed to "5 killed..." is going to get more clicks, plain and simple. In a world dictated by ad revenue, clicks are all they care about.

I was actually surprised to see the article Cary found.