Page 219 of 221 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221 LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3308

Thread: Republic Farmingdale (FRG) Notable Visitors

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    It seems that the entire website has become much less active, in general. Not sure where everybody went!
    Thinking the same thing. Usually by this point stuffs up for the airshow but every year its later and or less. A lot of the frequent posters aren't around any more from when I first joined.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Thinking the same thing. Usually by this point stuffs up for the airshow but every year its later and or less. A lot of the frequent posters aren't around any more from when I first joined.
    Indeed. This used to be my "go-to" site for updates on anything happening locally. And there is *always* something interesting happening around here (KFRG specifically, LI generally), and that's aside from the Airshow which tends to be the highlight of the year.

Shame, this was always such a great thread.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Program Coordinator
    Running a volunteer site takes time and money. Matt passed away (RIP), Phil moved on to other adventures and became gradually less involved day to day. I moved on to paid work in the same lane, so did Jason. Ben does a great job, but there's a dearth of new writers and the people to manage them. A lot of the spotting community in NYC that was big at the time moved on too. I'd love to see it reinvigorated, and heck if anyone wants to get more involved the board is always looking for new additions. It can be done, but someone(s) gotta step up.

That said, NYCA remains very active on Twitter, with a large and respected following.
    Last edited by jerslice; 2019-02-19 at 04:28 PM.

Program Coordinator
    Also, we've got the "new" photo hangar and it is woefully under-used...so sign up and start posting!

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Admin's note:

Off topic posts have been deleted. If anyone had any questions, comments, or concerns about how this site is run, please feel to reach out. PMs are open, or you can always reach me at [email protected].
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Program Coordinator
    I can't make it clear enough to others here that personal attacks and name calling are wildly inappropriate and unbecoming of behavior allowed here.

It will result in a ban.
    Last edited by jerslice; 2019-02-20 at 10:22 PM.

Heavy Metal just came in. Just so happened that today's weather allowed me to open a window and not 10 mins later I heard the roar. Someone chime in to correct me if im wrong but it looked like a EA-6.

You are correct !! It was the Final flight of the last EA-6B Prowler from VMAQ-2 that flew up from Cherry Point.
    It did a low approach at Republic to honor it's Northrop-Grumman heritage. From there, it headed down to it's
    final destination at Washington-Dulles where it will eventually go on display at the Smithsonian National
    Air and Space Museum's Udvar-Hazy Center.

Here's a link about the deactivation of the last USMC Prowler Squadron:

https://theaviationist.com/2019/03/0...wler-squadron/

Thank you Chris!
    I'm so glad I was able to see it's last flight.

Here's a video of it's arrival at Dulles yesterday also:

FYI - the Phoenix Coyotes 757 (N757SS) is parked over at Sheltair right now,
    but it doesn't have the Coyote logo on it's tail anymore.
    It should be departing Sun. evening after their game with the Islanders in the afternoon.

BTW, it looks like they're also filming something over by the AAM and Sheltair too.
    There's a bunch of catering Tents and trailers set up by Sheltair and AAM's parking lot
    with some lighting equipment there too, plus a few "MMM" signs set up on New Highway
    to direct the filming crew on where to go also.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    BTW, it looks like they're also filming something over by the AAM and Sheltair too.
    There's a bunch of catering Tents and trailers set up by Sheltair and AAM's parking lot
    with some lighting equipment there too, plus a few "MMM" signs set up on New Highway
    to direct the filming crew on where to go also.
    I don't know what they are filming, but I heard the museum is going to be closed for several weeks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    FYI - the Phoenix Coyotes 757 (N757SS) is parked over at Sheltair right now,
    but it doesn't have the Coyote logo on it's tail anymore.
    It should be departing Sun. evening after their game with the Islanders in the afternoon.
    I was at the main terminal on Sunday and saw the 757. Had no idea who it belonged to. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I don't know what they are filming, but I heard the museum is going to be closed for several weeks for it.
    I'm hearing they're filming "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" show on Amazon Video that takes place in NYC in 1958.
    I've never seen the show but it makes sense with all the "MMM" signs and it's time period with the AAM Hangar.