Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: KCLT - Charlotte/Douglas Airport, On-Going Thread

I love the 727 rotation shot with the skyline... very nice
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Thanks, Fred!

The Czech A319 was in Charlotte today! I got there just as she departed the FBO, and was able to get a poor, backlit shot of her. Cool plane though!

Adam Sheinhaus

Glad you got to see it, Adam.

A spring-like afternoon meant a little time at the overview today.

In 45 minutes, I added 6 new frames to my collection of US and US Express shots!

It was cloudy with showers much of the day, but the Detroit Pistons are back to play the Charlotte Bobcats, and that means N880DP, their MD-83, was back. I took a ride to the airport this afternoon, just to get a shot without expecting much due to the weather. I stopped to do some shopping afterwards, and discovered the sun had come out! I ran back over to CLT, and got a few shots of the plane.

Since we had some nice afternoon light, I headed over to the overview for a while. I was greeted by the US Steelers logo jet when I arrived.

And the one everyone waits for...

The miracle of flight!

Wow nice stuff Moose. Sadly, I will be driving next to RWY 18R/36L on my way to friends who live a bit south of the airport via I-485. Wife already warned me to NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

You're going to be in Charlotte, and not stop by the overview? How long are you going to be down here for?

Manny, always keep a reserve of 'tokens' you are able to redeem in times like these- as my father used to say, 'When you get to a quarter tank, fill it up. Don't be a fool.'

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Wow nice stuff Moose. Sadly, I will be driving next to RWY 18R/36L on my way to friends who live a bit south of the airport via I-485. Wife already warned me to NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!
    Then don't think about it,just do it!

Doug

Senior Member Aviation.High.Guy's Avatar
    Hah! Can totally relate. My wife has never been too enthusiastic about my hobbies, but plane spotting takes the cake.
    We are going to Vegas next Month and she's "told me" that she gets a day at the spa, for every day I spend spotting.
    -Don B.

Manny's saying that in this thread is clearly a cry for help.

Let's rent a dark van with no windows, get some masks and kidnap him to bring him to the airport. SYNCHRONIZE WATCHES!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

You wouldn't need to use force... heck, if there would be a Stockholm Syndrome, that would be me

So I had the pleasure of seeing three whole tails land and taxi out and two A320s on approach before they disappear below the grade (boy 485 sure is low compared to the runways) and on the way back, one A321 flew overhead and then I caught up to it as it turned out.

It was POURING RAINING and ceiling very low anyway yesterday. On my way back to Asheville, going through the mountain pass with ZERO visibility due to fog at 5 MPH was absolutely fun, NOT!!

Believe me guys, I have plenty of tokens left over.. this trip itself was a filler-up kind of trip where I didn't even bring my camera. This way I can use it up for the next opportunity.

At least I can say I saw glimpse of one of the AWOS and ILS (why wouldn't they build it like KMIA with the RWY level with the road? SMH)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

It certainly wasn't spotting weather on Sunday!

At least I can say I saw glimpse of one of the AWOS and ILS (why wouldn't they build it like KMIA with the RWY level with the road? SMH)
    That's why they built the overview...

70 degrees in Charlotte this afternoon called for a trip to the overview. I caught 4 different US A330s today, which made up for missing the LH A340 - for the first time that I've ever seen, they landed on 18R, behind us. I stayed for their departure, and they went off 18L...

Also caught this US Express / Republic Airlines E-175, the 400th E-jet:

Southwest begins regular service to CLT next Sunday, so these will become a thing of the past.

Caught two different American Eagle RJs in new colors today! Since AA mainline only brings a Mad Dog, it might be a while before I see the colors on mainline equipment.