Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry or iPhone?

Blackberry or iPhone?

Hey All,

I know this will probably get the fire going between us on here but its a legit question I have. As many of you know I've been a crackberry user for about 3 years now. However, last week my Bold bit the dust and I'm entitled to an "upgrade" (which is a joke in itself since you have to pay, but thats for another thread).

Anyway since I've been a loyal BB user I find it very hard to go to the dark side of Apple and their iPhone. When I went to the AT&T store last week when the Bold died they gave me an iPhone 4 to try out for 30 days and if I dont like it I can return it without penalty and get a Blackberry again. I'll admit that the iPhone does some amazing stuff and the browser is worth its weight in gold. However the email is slow and the iPhone obviously doesnt have Blackberry Messenger which I use a lot internationally since its free. Not to mention I find it impossible to type on the iPhone....

I know its going to be a split crowd, but some honest opinions would be great. Part of me is leaning towards the Blackberry Torch since it has an upgraded browser but I'm not sure what to think of the slide out keyboard and how easy it will be to type.

-Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    in all honesty a lot will boil down to your personal preference. the simple fact that you, like myself, use BBM a lot would be a decision maker for me. i don't like typing on a touch screen but like the fact that the BB torch offers both a touch screen and a keyboard. i do think that BB email service is faster, for instance when sending something to my self the phone goes off INSTANTLY. though i have to be honest i haven't had similar experiences with an iPhone to compare.

i'd say go with what you know and stick to blackberry. yes they're not as fancy or snazzy as iphones or droids at times but they work all the time.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I converted from the BB to the iPhone and haven't regretted the decision. I do miss having an actual keyboard, but other than that, the aps, the functions, the browser are far superior than the BB. Also, facetime is a huge plus, as I'm on the road or outside the US a lot.

I have both but can't use BBM because it is blocked on the work phone. Love the iPhone and iPAD but as Matt said it is personal preference. I know a lot of people who love the Droid also.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

There's nothing WRONG with a blackberry, it comes down to preference and if you will REALLY enjoy some additional capabilities on the iphone. I personally just don't like touch screens, and blackberries have all the functionality I need.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

What about Droid?

I had a blackberry and switched over to Google.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    What about Droid?

I had a blackberry and switched over to Google.
    sorry to hear the news....
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

On a side note... if you are thinking about a droid...do not listen to anyone. Use a droid for 1/2 hour and try things like changing a single ringtone or turning on or off wifi or anything you would normally do with a phone and then do the same thing with an iPhone.

everyone try's to use the word Open Source around me yet my phone does 10X as much as any droid that is "superior" to my iPhone and it is smoother and has a better display. The only thing that is not as good with my iPhone is I only have a 5mp camera up against their 8mp....but my pictures are better for some reason? Kind of like how that 15mp point and shoot is not as good as my lower Megapixel Dslr...

You need you use it and make up your mind. when you do this there is no question....PERIOD Make up your own mind by trying, and please let us know which phone you like best and why

So far I'm liking my new BlackBerry...

can you listen to atc on that moose? My brother asked how your blackberry was. My brother is cool

Moose,

What Blackberry did you get??
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Use a droid for 1/2 hour and try things like changing a single ringtone or turning on or off wifi or anything you would normally do with a phone and then do the same thing with an iPhone.
    i'll never forget the day my coworker got his brand new droid and showed it off to everyone: that the display changes to show the wx (blue sky when it was sunny out or a wiper would clean the water off the screen on rainy days). and yet after fiddling with it for over a month now he can't figure out how to use it as a mobile modem for his laptop. he's into all that lame fancy-shmancy stuff. are you?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

sorry to hear the news....
    why, I love my droid. They just added Flash, which is a big plus. I can change ringtones easy. Turing wifi as is simple as touching the screen. touch here ON, Touch here Off. So difficult. Don't get me wrong, the Iphone is good too, but don't put the Droid down.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

My brother asked how your blackberry was. My brother is cool
    Yes he is, Fred, yes he is! I have been playing with it the past few days, figuring out what all the buttons do. So far I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777 View Post
    Moose,

What Blackberry did you get??
    It's a "New to me" Curve 8320.