Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Going to KFLL for the day (Dec 9th) Pics added 12/19

Re: Going to KFLL for the day (Dec 9th)

Eric and I land about 9:45 and should be at MIA at 11:30 we're thinking. Sunday morning will be a dawn to dusk spotting day at FLL. Mark would you recommend starting out at the garage or the spotting location?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Eric and I land about 9:45 and should be at MIA at 11:30 we're thinking. Sunday morning will be a dawn to dusk spotting day at FLL. Mark would you recommend starting out at the garage or the spotting location?

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to meet up at the spotting location if you guys are there.
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

A lot ois going to depend on the winds - if they are using 27R - I'd say the parking garage - if they are on 9L - I'd say the View Park is the best place to meet - we can actually walk around the fence to get direct on landing shots from there as well. I'll keep an eye on the weather and let everyone know.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Public Property or not to some it doesn't matter what you are on to some law enforcment, security. We all know that. Anytime ELAL security waves an uzie at you (ELAL) MIA after they see you taking pix...theres a problem. ELAL security has a reputation of operating like rouge encorcment. A few weeks ago they Kicked an associate of mine out of the Holes at MIA. As I said a few posts before he missed an aircraft because of this. Never mind the signs posted between ELAL security and the photog stating photography is authorized at this location.

Anyway lets take it back to the main topic at hand... The Trip to FLL, MIA.
    If I go I will probably start off I will probably shoto at MIA all day. Might stop off at OFP early in the morning though.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Public Property or not to some it doesn't matter what you are on to some law enforcment, security. We all know that. Anytime someone waves an uzie at you (ELAL) MIA after they see you taking pix...theres a problem. ELAL security has a reputation of operating like rouge encorcment. A few weeks ago they Kicked an associate of mine out of the Holes at MIA. As I said a few posts before he missed an aircraft because of this. The funny thing is after the ELAL enforcment left the regular cop that stopped by said..."Aw some back in 20 mins :)" They know how ELAL security operate.

Anyway lets take it back to the main topic at hand... The Trip to FLL, MIA.
    If I go I will probably start off I will probably shoto at MIA all day. Might stop off at OFP early in the morning though.
    Senga
    Which would be what happened to me about a month ago today.

They where REAL hostile with us. Hell, the regular cop came screeching halt millimeters away from my cars front bumper, and then had us in his M16's ironsights.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

For godsake, I'm a 16 year old photographer!
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

What airport was that at eddie.?
    The good thing about MIA is that when bad things like that happen you can just go and go about your day. Most people know about the holes and you are allowed to be there. The main problem is people calling in "suspictious activity" at the holes who don't know its a viewing spot. The cops come up and ask for ID but always leave without and problems.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?...Good one :)

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    What airport was that at eddie.?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?...Good one :)

Senga

MIA at the holes. ElAl dude was on the other side of the fence in a black suburban, calling the cops on me. I was corteous with him to my knowledge. I waved as I do to anyone who drives by, the usually do the same!

But that day was crazy. I'm still pretty freaked out by the experience...I haven't gone back to MIA since.
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

Sorry to hear that..I hope that you would try again in the future. :/

Senga

Anyone ever thought of calling the cops on ElAl security???... :borat: :borat:
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence
    Anyone ever thought of calling the cops on ElAl security???... :borat: :borat:
    lmfao, unfortunatley you can't at MIA. Since they're on the airport side of the fence.

It would be pretty funny if they weren't though.

"Hello, Miami-Dade Aviation Department? There is a suspicious looking black suburban parked next to me. He keeps on giving me nasty looks. His rear window probably has illegal tints. Oh...and I think he's middle eastern!"

:lol:
    Puts the MIA in NYCA

:lol: :lol: And..I'm sure I saw a gun - I think they are armed!! :lol: :lol:
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

I'd love to see how that would play out :)
    You know my first experience was like that.
    I had a cop (Chicago O'hare) that was Sooooooo out of control..my first AND WORSE... 1996. He was yelling, screaming and cursing at me. He even was mocking and mimmicking me. Finally some other officers arrived and I begged them NOT to leave me with Officer King. They stayed there thank goodness. He didn't say anything else to me while they were there.
    Senga

Change of plans - I won't be attending.

Chris silly string does not stop the average NY'er sad to say. It takes much much more to stop us. OOOOPPPPPPSSSS!!! forgot I live in Florida now days. :borat:

All: so far we are all talking about doing the spotting at FLL and possibly at MIA for Sunday Dec 9th only, right? Did I miss anything or are there anyone who plan to stay for more spotting Mon/Tue?