Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Closeup Photos of Space Shuttle Enterprise Hitting a Bridge Abutment

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    Yeeeah, that isn't how it works in the real world, buddy. This may stun you, but...NYC isn't that special. It's just another city on this little speck floating in the cosmos, just like Houston is. Everyone -thinks- their city is the best and they're something special because they come from it, but...that isn't how the world works. I've been to New York and didn't see jack squat that sets it that far apart from Chicago, New Orleans, Houston..you name it. Same stuff, each city just emphasizes a certain part of their same stuff a little bit more. But when all is said and done, sometime in the future-no one is going to know this place called 'NYC' or 'Houston' even existed. New York, just like the rest of the planet is destined for eventual annihilation, be it natural with an asteroid or even when the sun goes-or manmade should the worst happen. So, time to face the music and realize you're in the same boat, rather than make threats because someone is not happy by the way something is being done.
    This has certainly developed into an epic debate. The only problem is, when the end does come, either for me individually or for all of us at once, this thread will be the last thing on my mind.

And whatever happens, remember to stop down to f/8 instead of trying to shoot it wide open

When someone thinks they're justified in making threats because someone is an 'outsider', I think that calls for a massive reality check. I'm sorry if it seems like it's 'ripping', but, we're all in the same boat on different corners-and threatening someone because they dare be critical of people in that corner because they're being careless with something that belongs to the whole boat and that person isn't in their corner of the boat is beyond uncalled for.
    Please go away....
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    I think Kenny said it best ^^^^^
    BTW, is it true the Tugboat Pilot is actually from Houston ?? LOL
    Is it so? That would be a special brand of hysterical if true.

Ok, guys. Just stop. I'm not in the mood to start moderating people's posts. We all know how we feel and this is a passion subject for all of us. Let's just end it here. No last words. Let's just share facts and avoid the debate.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    In all honesty, this gaffe by the Intrepid folks hurts me much more than Alpha Delta's incident. Long before I developed an appreciation for aviation, when I was a kid, it was all about the space shuttle for me. I rember watching Challenger streak across the night's sky in 1984. It was the very first time I was allowed to stay up past my strict rack time of 1930. I also remember watching Challenger tragically fail that fateful morning. A lot of my fondest childhood memories involve the shuttle program, so naturally I was excited to see OV101 come to NY. I really just wish the people around the Intrepid seemed to really care about what they've got because a scarred Concorde and a spray painted space shuttle are simply unacceptable.

On a side note, quite a few major components for the shuttles were made here on Long Island. It's just too bad she didn't end up some place she'd be supremely cared for like the AAM.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    It's just too bad she didn't end up some place she'd be supremely cared for like the AAM.
    Where you would have to pay $50 admission so we could afford the new building that would be required...

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Ok, guys. Just stop. I'm not in the mood to start moderating people's posts. We all know how we feel and this is a passion subject for all of us. Let's just end it here. No last words. Let's just share facts and avoid the debate.
    Moderating? I haven't seen any of that here in a long time. May as well let it go Phil. I mean for pete's sake it's one of the few epic threads ever here!

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

We mod more than you realize....which means we're doing it right for the most part.

Was there something you feel we should have modded and we didn't?

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Where you would have to pay $50 admission so we could afford the new building that would be required...
    Personally I'd be fine with that. You and I both know the supreme care she'd receive there.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

If we're talking Long Island, I'd rather see it at the Cradle. The Cradle has a GREAT space exhibit already and they could probably squeeze the shuttle into that one annex, which to me is poorly utilized even though it's got some good fighters in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    If we're talking Long Island, I'd rather see it at the Cradle. The Cradle has a GREAT space exhibit already and they could probably squeeze the shuttle into that one annex, which to me is poorly utilized even though it's got some good fighters in there.
    Ehhh... I disagree. The Cradle is really run down and extremely out of date (except the IMAX dome). That place needs a major overhaul.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

Thank you!!

Yeeeah, that isn't how it works in the real world, buddy. This may stun you, but...NYC isn't that special. It's just another city on this little speck floating in the cosmos.............
    I call Sh!t Stirrer on You Sir! I am no longer offering a hug to you. I am sorry but you are not trying to debate anything, you are just bashing at this point. I think this thread needs some heavy Modding. I am very sad that you tarnished this historic event more than the tugboat driver hitting the wing into the pylons. I can forgive him in a heartbeat as his many years of excellent service and he for one glimmer of a moment, forgot he was human.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I call Sh!t Stirrer on You Sir! I am no longer offering a hug to you. I am sorry but you are not trying to debate anything, you are just bashing at this point. I think this thread needs some heavy Modding. I am very sad that you tarnished this historic event more than the tugboat driver hitting the wing into the pylons. I can forgive him in a heartbeat as his many years of excellent service and he for one glimmer of a moment, forgot he was human.
    Last edited by Perriwen; 2012-06-06 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    Ehhh... I disagree. The Cradle is really run down and extremely out of date (except the IMAX dome). That place needs a major overhaul.
    really? I think its a great museum. run down? where?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Just wanted to say thanks to this nice people here. My photos of the shuttle hitting the bridge were featured on CNN most of the morning. They contacted me yesterday afternoon after seeing my pictures on this forum. In the 3 weeks or so since joining the forum I have met a few members out taking pictures and am humbled by how nice everyone has been.