Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet Skier Breaches JFK Airport Perimeter, Wanders to Terminal 3 Undetected

Didn't this guy have a cell phone in his wet suit. I would think they would have a waterproof cell phone pocket in the wet suit. Ill perpared for jet sking! Also, no reported the guy missing (what's up with that)?
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Surprised this went un-mentioned in today's Daily News. Monday's local newscasts all reported this and surmised what if he was affiliated with a terrorist group testing the Raytheon system. Since he got through the multi-million dollar system, Raytheon does indeed have some 'splainin' to do. Funny thing, they spotted the sea turtles crossing the runway but not this guy ! No mention made of the time of day of this incident; was it in darkness?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Poor guy. Has to endure a swim through Jamaica Bay, a walk across the tarmac including 2 runways, and after all that, he winds up in Terminal 3.

POST OF THE WEEK!

The guy should have all changes dismissed. It was either that or finding a body in the shores of JFK.
    Unreal. Cut the guy some slack.

What alternatives did he have? Assume he's got a life vest and his cell phone battery died. This was truly a unique set of circumstances that, if it were an NYPD or PA cop, you have to wonder what they would have done differently under teh circumstances.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

An update to this story, from WNBC.com
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/48760152/n...s-new_york_ny/

The lost jet-skier who was able to breach security at Kennedy Airport by scaling an 8-foot barbed wire fence and walking across two runways into a terminal had been on the police radar after being reported missing by friends at least 15 minutes before he walked into the terminal, NBC 4 New York has learned.
    But Port Authority police had known there was a missing jet skier on Jamaica Bay: sources tell NBC 4 New York that when Casillo's friends searched for him on the water, they encountered as many as a dozen Port Authority police officers who were in the middle of a training exercise on a boat. The officers asked Casillo's friends what they were doing on the bay, and they explained Casillo was missing. The team on the training boat immediately began a search for the missing jet-skier.
    PAPD also notified the Coast Guard that "a fishing boat had picked up two jet-skiers, who reported a third was missing" but shortly after the Coast Guard initiated a search, PAPD notified them a person was in custody, and the search was halted. The Port Authority is conducting an internal investigation of the incident, and have stepped up police patrols of the perimeter and increased patrols of the surrounding waters.

If that was the case, why is that only coming to light NOW?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I imagine Port isn't too pleased with the way the whole thing went down, and didn't want to talk about it, at least until their investigation is over and they can point at someone to blame. It sounds like someone wasn't happy about that, and dropped a dime to Channel 4...

The guy is still facing trespassing charges, and is smart enough - or has a lawyer who's smart enough - to keep his mouth shut.

But that's just it....the PR wouldn't have been so bad if Port's PR came forward and said "we knew about him and were helping in the rescue". People would have been more receptive and supportive as opposed to thinking that they were clueless and this guy was being left to die out there.

Port's PR folks should be fired.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].