Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 19th (Many Pics)

Re: MIA, OPF, TMB, FLL recap Dec 16th- Dec 19th (Many Pics)

Senga "lucky forest squirrel" B, why would the Dominican Government be using a Canadian Nolinor 737?? Was it parked at Signature then?

-Yes that's the MNG that I liked 8)

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Senga, MAS used to serve JFK with DC-8's no? Or were you referring solely to the 763's they have?
    I recall seeing a shot of the green MAS DC-8 at JFK. But were they regular like they are at Mia?

Senga's a magnet for these kinda planes. Amazing.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Oh Yea, To,
    I took me to get what you were saying. But yet I have foud a few "nuts" But I kind of knew where they were :)

Ron,
    Thanks for the Kind words.
    I will have to see if I have that USA B732 in my collection. That would be great if I had shot it when it flew for USA. I have never been a fan of the Vision Air aircraft but it doesn't look as bad on the 737-800 series. I didn't even know they had 737-800s until it flew past my camera.

Ryan,
    I was refering to the MAS 767.
    I don't know if JFK got MAS DC-8s or not. My Space ship arrived in NY in Mid 2002. However I do recall seeing the MAS DC-8 at KORD once but it was at night.

Phil, Actually they are the magnet :) I where wherever they are I will get drawn to them. "Fly it and he will come..."

Mario,
    I have no idea why they would utilize a Nolinor B732. There are plenty of other airlines to charter from that are in that area. Very Strange operation. The NRL was parked on the customs ramp at MIA when I shot it.
    CYMX-KEWR-KFLL (Diverted to KMIA)-TDPD-TJSJ-KFLL-KEWR-CYMX. The divert from FLL to MIA was WX.
    It looks like it did an approach at FLL and then got vectored to MIA. It landed on 8L at MIA. Luckily it went to MIA or I would have missed it as I was shooting at MIA that day.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    CYMX-KEWR-KFLL (Diverted to KMIA)-TDPD-TJSJ-KFLL-KEWR-CYMX. The divert from FLL to MIA was WX.
    It looks like it did an approach at FLL and then got vectored to MIA. It landed on 8L at MIA. Luckily it went to MIA or I would have missed it as I was shooting at MIA that day.

Senga
    See? amazing luck! All of these "factors" simply came together magically. You're not a squirrel trying to get a nut. More like a squirrel with a giant magnet for nuts! That's crazy right there, it looks like it did the approach and diverted at the last minute.

Hope you and everyone else had a great Christmas. Here in Orlando weather was mostly cloudy with some rain. The Mid East Jet 777 was parked at Signature.

Mario, The Nolinor B732 was extreme luck..I have to admit. It was a comedy of errors and somehow I got it and a fairly decent shot of it. I got a early morning phone call from a NYC photo alerting me that NRL B732 was at EWR. Of course I was very agitated that NOW something comes to EWR now that I am not there.....(Classic Senga Luck). Then an hour later or so I saw and was told that the NRL planned for FLL. But it still didn't matter as FLL was quite a ways away and it would not be a good thing to try it as I would miss other planned arrivals I needed at MIA (didn't want to give up many to get just one) So I passed it up. THEN while shooting at MIA all day I get the alerts for the NRL B732 and you know hes on final for FLL. After about 10 mins he landed at MIA! At first I was like AAAAAARGH! But then I realized that this is MIA NOT JFK. So once the plane lands always have a good chance of getting it. Luckily the rain let up a little later in the day so I was able to get a better ground shot without the rain. Thanks goodness for the FLL divert to MIA due to weather.

I missed all of the Nolinor Convairs at CYUL a few years back on a trip to Canada so I am glad to get some kind of representation of the airline.
    Senga