Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FRG and the museum on the weekends

[quote=Tom_Turner]LOL.. thanks tommy... We can form the Tool Party. . :)

btw... Did you happen to notice where the Catalina is? Is it in the main hangar or someplace else? I was going to take a look around over the weekend, but it was very crowded of course, so I figured I'd get back to it later in the summer, and just stuck to the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":e1e94

Tom you should run for President! You have a great way with words, me I'll just call someone a tool and be done with it, lolol Tom Turner in 08!
    [/quote:e1e94]

Well the "consolidated" catalinia I think is in the main hanger from what I remember, the same building where the F-14 was.
    Btw does that C-130 stop by for a visit often?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Yes, Tom, the Catalina is in the main hangar, on the south side of the building. They moved it inside the same day it arrived last November until it is fully restored.

No, the C-130 does not stop by, it was here for the airshow

The PBY is sitting in the main hangar on the south west corner pointed towards homedepot. They have yet to start any work but will be overhauling the engines. It is not flyable....They were able to make the ferry with the engines the way they were.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hi Fred --

Yes, it caught me by surprise they were able to fly it in. I had seen it back in 2001 at Elmira. Does the Museum plan to return it to flying condition? I thought they were going to do that for some reason.

Shame AAM could not pick up Fuddy Duddy as well. But thats just me being greedy... :)

Am I correctc that the B-17 that used to be based at FRG is the one now in Memphis Belle colors on the airshow circuit?

I hope FRG can get Liberty Belle and Sentimental Journey to stop by one of these weekends. I still need to shoot both of those.

Thanks,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    No, the C-130 does not stop by, it was here for the airshow

The PBY is sitting in the main hangar on the south west corner pointed towards homedepot. They have yet to start any work but will be overhauling the engines. It is not flyable....They were able to make the ferry with the engines the way they were.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Hey Fred,
    What is going on with the D-Day day at FRG is that being held on June 6th or that weekend?
    It would be nice to see a couple C-47s, P-51's and P-40's in formation over Jones or FRG.

What are the requirements to volunteer at the museum.. I like airplanes, I fix 'em. I know they have like wings, and stuff. C'mon.. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Hi Fred --

Yes, it caught me by surprise they were able to fly it in. I had seen it back in 2001 at Elmira. Does the Museum plan to return it to flying condition? I thought they were going to do that for some reason.

Shame AAM could not pick up Fuddy Duddy as well. But thats just me being greedy... :)

Am I correctc that the B-17 that used to be based at FRG is the one now in Memphis Belle colors on the airshow circuit?

I hope FRG can get Liberty Belle and Sentimental Journey to stop by one of these weekends. I still need to shoot both of those.

Thanks,
    Tom
    They want to fly it on weekends. They want to get a barge and put it in the bay and have passengers help spot the german U-Boat. It of course needs LOTS of love and care first.

The Belle was the B-17 that the AAM was going to get. Shame... it is in really poor condition compared to the other B-17's.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Hey Fred,
    What is going on with the D-Day day at FRG is that being held on June 6th or that weekend?
    It would be nice to see a couple C-47s, P-51's and P-40's in formation over Jones or FRG.
    Well, a couple of C-47s are not possible as they are not many around, but the will be flying the hell out of their C-47 that weekend.

D-Day is HUGE at the AAM, should be lots flying all day! Great day to be at Farmingdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    What are the requirements to volunteer at the museum.. I like airplanes, I fix 'em. I know they have like wings, and stuff. C'mon.. :-D
    Minimum requirements are LOVE OF AVIATION.... other than that, working a broom is probably mandatory for minimum requirement, if you are an A&P, You will learn allot there! See Frank and he can tell you how to fix anything. Frank is one of those guys that is good for a story or 2billion. I think the stories around that place is even better than the aircraft they flew, it is a shame that they have reporters that know nothing.

I was going for a ride in Connie Mats a few year back and I was listening to a reporter from 1010 wins asking questions... The pilot said "I remember loosing 2 engines on takeoff...." and was interrupted by a very smart reporter with the question "But these are not as fast as the Jets, right?"

Grrrrr

Informant: You need to go back and try again, I am sorry you did not have luck when you went there. Go for D-Day or any weekend the next few weeks. I hope you are surprised. Any

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Hey Fred,
    Well, a couple of C-47s are not possible as they are not many around, but the will be flying the hell out of their C-47 that weekend.

D-Day is HUGE at the AAM, should be lots flying all day! Great day to be at Farmingdale.
    I'll definatly be there!

Well I originaly planed to go to Reading, Pa tomorrow for the WWII weekend they had. But plans change, it looks like I'll be heading out to FRG tomorrow, does anyone know if the lancaster and B-17 is still there?

Well I originaly planed to go to Reading, Pa tomorrow for the WWII weekend they had. But plans change, it looks like I'll be heading out to FRG tomorrow, does anyone know if the lancaster and B-17 is still there?
    Sorry, they are both gone.

I'll be at D-Day!
    "lol retart"

Around what time do they start the planes up: like around noonish?

Around what time do they start the planes up: like around noonish?
    EARLY!!!! Like 9-10