Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arik Air A340-500 JFK PICs FINALLY!

Re: Arik Air A340-500 JFK PICs FINALLY!

Tom,
    Yes I am working that one. next. That would be a nice one to get too. There arrival times and departure times are never set and its always coming in late or early.

Mario,
    I like the Arik Air as well. I think it would have been better if they used the colors of the Nigerian flag but kept the same pattern.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Tom,
    Yes I am working that one. next. That would be a nice one to get too. There arrival times and departure times are never set and its always coming in late or early.

Mario,
    I like the Arik Air as well. I think it would have been better if they used the colors of the Nigerian flag but kept the same pattern.
    Senga
    No doubt, green would have looked 10 times better, but you know all these airlines especially from 3rd world countries nowadays want to try to look "professional" as their new marketing crop of kids thinks dark blue will achieve that perception.. :x

I'm as sick of dark blue planes as I am of white planes (that LAN has the best of both worlds LOL)

but on the Arik Air, I guess I'll take it... They had/have one Fokker prop that has purple instead of brick red, which I thought looked a lot more interesting. Maybe it was just a test. I say adopt it on the entire fleet please!

You got the Aerogal 732 at Miami though right? You don't need Aerogal brother B.

WHY YES....Yes I shot the GLG B732 at MIA when I lived there. Thanks for asking :)

Nice looking plane in those colors and I like all the discolored and mismatched panels too. Gives it character.

Senga

Mario, the purple scheme is for Arik Air Niger.

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    WHY YES....Yes I shot the GLG B732 at MIA when I lived there. Thanks for asking :)

Nice looking plane in those colors and I like all the discolored and mismatched panels too. Gives it character.
    See! I'm looking out for ya man. My favorite part is the iguana on the tail trying to take a crap at 500mph

Gordon, thanks! didn't know Arik started an airline in Niger.

NLovis

Nice LAN catch. Need to keep my eye out for it. Really havent seen any alliance schemes in about a week. None from BA in about a month since thats all on their 747's and they arent sending many to JFK atm.

Thanks,
    I was happy to get the LAN One World then because stuff like that isn't worth shooting unless you are already at the airport. I was at JFK this morning and both lands were regular colors.

Mario,
    It does have nice colors on it as well too.
    Senga

you mean the Aero Galapagos?

I think the paintscheme is awful. So we'll have to respectfully disagree on that one :)

take the titles away (which is kind of an ugly font itself) and what's left? White plane wit just a blue tail. Not a recognizable livery, could be anything.

Mario,
    yes the Aero Galapagos GLG.
    I think the B732 carries it ok. But most liveries seem to look good on the B732 series to me.
    Senga

NLovis

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi757
    you mean the Aero Galapagos?

I think the paintscheme is awful. So we'll have to respectfully disagree on that one :)

take the titles away (which is kind of an ugly font itself) and what's left? White plane wit just a blue tail. Not a recognizable livery, could be anything.
    Actually all white scheme with a all bure tail was Atlas Air color's. It was their way of being cheap on paint jobs back in the early 2000's

Yes its a pretty safe base theme to use on planes. And Like GTI they can easily lease on the planes to other airlines etc.
    Senga

Anyone know what the loads/yields are like on the LOS - JFk route by Arik?