Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Female Spotters?

Quote Originally Posted by sporky View Post
    Wait, there's female spotters out there? In that case, I am 35, single and don't live with my parents. I enjoy loud walks along the flightline and spontaneous trips to distant airports.

-Tad
    Nice!!! If that gets you a date, find out if she has a sister!
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Hey I'm a female! I'm a spotter! (Though I generally only watch and don't take any pictures, at least not with any kind of respectable camera :P)

I don't get to go very often but I do like to spend the day out at the airport (Lrusso, who posted earlier, is my boyfriend of 4 years). And the fact that I often look up at the sky in the middle of conversations with people to see what kind of plane is going by must count for something..

There you are... I was waiting for you to chime in. I am a witness and have seen you HANG OUT ALL DAY with your bo! lol. So you;re definitely a die hard like the rest of us. It is funny you say about looking up... I can;t have conversations outside at all especially if the other party wants me to concentrate. I work in upper manhattan where LGA traffic is either always departing or landing and the Hudson River corridor is constantly getting nice visitors up and down all day. It is impossible for me to get to my car after work without me wasting a lot of time staring at the sky!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

my daughter has been spotting since she was 10 days old.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

I dated a girl for about 2 years that used to actually drag ME to the airport to watch airplanes. We would sit at JFK for like 3 hours during the evening departure rush watching them go off the 22's from Customs. Good times.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    It is funny you say about looking up... I can;t have conversations outside at all especially if the other party wants me to concentrate. I work in upper manhattan where LGA traffic is either always departing or landing and the Hudson River corridor is constantly getting nice visitors up and down all day. It is impossible for me to get to my car after work without me wasting a lot of time staring at the sky!
    LMAO. Whether it was at the beach or on the soccer field, if a copter came by my friends would call my name then quiz me the type and where it might be going etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    I dated a girl for about 2 years that used to actually drag ME to the airport to watch airplanes. We would sit at JFK for like 3 hours during the evening departure rush watching them go off the 22's from Customs. Good times.
    Facebook page, or it never happened.

General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq View Post
    The only way she could keep you quiet for 3 hours...

Those of you who were present for the AF 380's first arrival should recall.... She apparently liked when I used a camera. But, thats a story for another time. Hahahahahaa
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    There you are... I was waiting for you to chime in. I am a witness and have seen you HANG OUT ALL DAY with your bo! lol. So you;re definitely a die hard like the rest of us. It is funny you say about looking up... I can;t have conversations outside at all especially if the other party wants me to concentrate. I work in upper manhattan where LGA traffic is either always departing or landing and the Hudson River corridor is constantly getting nice visitors up and down all day. It is impossible for me to get to my car after work without me wasting a lot of time staring at the sky!
    Sorry, just saw this now, Manny! Yeah, we only go out about once a month or so.. probably more if I were closer (and there wasn't a $13 toll and traffic involved). Wouldn't say I'm a die hard but I really do enjoy it. I admit, I do need the heavies around to be happy. The more engines, the better. Even if it's just the usual visitors that's OK with me.. but when Jet Blue after Jet Blue comes rolling in I start to get cranky lol and my boyfriend can attest to this.

Good seeing you yesterday, BTW!