Thread: Why Am I Getting LGA Arrivals Right Now?

Why Am I Getting LGA Arrivals Right Now?

I remember this happening from time to time but not very often... I live In northern nassau, where usually the jfk 22 arrivals turn for final. Right now i am getting straight on 31 LGA arrivals with a lot of crosswind. Its pretty cool, anyone know of this procedure. Also JFK was using the 22's all morning till 2 when they switched to the 31's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Blech View Post
    I remember this happening from time to time but not very often... I live In northern nassau, where usually the jfk 22 arrivals turn for final. Right now i am getting straight on 31 LGA arrivals with a lot of crosswind. Its pretty cool, anyone know of this procedure. Also JFK was using the 22's all morning till 2 when they switched to the 31's.
    Ahh was on the LIRR (Main Line) coming home when I saw a straight on to 31 arrival!! And this morning at 6:40 I was getting out of my car at Hicksville and a few heavies were cruising in popping out of the low
    clouds and light fog!! Looked very cool with the sun starting to come up!!

I live rather close to hicksville, i got some sweet shots of the foggy morning, woke up at about 5 am to the sweetest unintentional alarm clock there is...the whistling of those annoying B6 A320 engines, so i went outside and tried to get hawaiian but of course he was to far away for me to catch...ill get him next time! stupid owl...

This is the "Localizer 31" approach to LGA, which is used when the winds are too rough to use the Expressway Visul approach.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hey phil, thanks. Its pretty cool that both ny airports can fly over my house in 1 day!

I love when this happens. From my area, you can see both the arrivals to LGA 31 and JFK 31 from the same spot.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.