Thread: KJFK and KPBI (Terminal Spotting)

KJFK and KPBI (Terminal Spotting)

Here are the some of the better (unedited) shots from my flight from JFK to PBI on B6 on 8/16/11

jetBlue A320 JFK by yankees368, on Flickr

Notice the Korean Air A380 on the taxi way

And end with a good one
    Last edited by yankees368; 2011-08-17 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added date

Thanks for these... I especially appreciated the view from above of the KE after landing showing the fog/clouds were nto that bad. We were at Bayswater Park and it looked really bad from there... I guess it was just meant to be that the fog was directly over us while she arrived!

Cheers...
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Oh it was pretty foggy. I snapped that just a few seconds before we hit the clouds. I got a few others, one closer to the field but the A380 is just hardly cut off!

I hope to get out to JFK to spot when I get back this weekend.

You got pics of the newest A320 in the JetBlue fleet and flew on a jet that was bought back from BlueWings... (hint... Look at the winglet) Thanks for sharing, always love seeing JFK action and JetBlue action.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

N789JB? I had no idea that one was so new. Just looked up the registration and saw that it is from 2011, very nice.
    I flew N646JB "Bravo Lima Uniform Echo" and had no idea that jet was once with BlueWings. I didn't notice anything different about the winglets. Don't all jetBlue A320s have wingtip fences like the one I flew on? Here is a better shot of the wing of N646JB

Another shot of N789JB

Last edited by yankees368; 2011-08-18 at 11:42 AM.

Good stuff. Can we see The Mounds from the airborne shot? (Korean Air A380 taxi shot)

I've never been, but judging by where it is on the spotting map, I believe so. Would have to have a veteran spotter confirm. Flying back to JFK tomorrow night, maybe I can get some night shots.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    I've never been, but judging by where it is on the spotting map, I believe so. Would have to have a veteran spotter confirm. Flying back to JFK tomorrow night, maybe I can get some night shots.
    The mounds are circled in red
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

I am boarding what looks to be N793JB from PBI to JFK tonight. Looks like this plane was also delivered in March of 2011. Can't wait for the new plane smell!

The ones that were sold to than bought back from BlueWings have unpainted wing fences. A little secret about the fleet. 793 is a great bird. I flew on her first revenue flight earlier this year.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Did not even notice that. Last night at PBI after I boarded 793, the n508jl rolled in next to us. I looked up the registration and it was also a return from BlueWings. (http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a320-1257.htm) Very odd seeing several of them in one trip!

Last edited by yankees368; 2011-08-20 at 04:39 PM.