Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G3 Emergency Landing at FRG

G3 Emergency Landing at FRG

Got a text from a Deer Park Fire Lt. a little while ago
    "REPUBLIC AIRPORT, NY (SUFFOLK) *AIRCRAFT ALERT* RT110. AIRCRAFT INBOUND W/ AN ENGINE OUT 50,000 LBS OF FUEL O/B FIRE-RESCUE ON S/B 40 MILES OUT"
    So I tuned into FRG tower being off field still and caught the back end of fire rescue getting clearnce to follow aircraft. It sounded like it was a G-string (Gulfstream) and it went right to a hanger. Obviously the fuel load was mis reported by FireCom but either way can anyone confirm additional information? I sent the message to Derf and Phil. I am sure Derf or one of the FRG John's (LOL) will have some data. Thanks. Hmmm.......
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Jet Emergency Landing at FRG?

Well, I've been here since 11:45am, and nothing "interesting" at the south end of the field. However, according to Flightaware N155MM was planned to go to SUA today, and returned to FRG 47 minutes after it departed. So maybe that's the bird? Looks like it got as far south as ACY, before returning.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N155 ... /KFRG/KFRG

Hmmmmm......... Makes sense. I'll keep ya posted in that event. Didnt recognize voices.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Confirmed. 155MM is the offending airplane.

I have photo's of the the offending powerplant but I am hesitant to release them.
    However, as a parting gift to the news here is the making of a music video in which this airplane was in about a year ago as well as the finished product. Bleh! Hate the song but nice cars.

The Global N700GB belongs to the Islanders owner.

Re: G3 Emergency Landing at FRG

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Obviously the fuel load was mis reported by FireCom but either way can anyone confirm additional information?
    FYI FireCom doesn't dispatch Deer Park, they are self-dispatched. FireCom is in Nassau. That looked like a text from one of those 'buff groups' that sends out big incident notifications anyways, not one directly from a dispatcher.
    Worry is a sustained form of fear, caused by indecision.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by engine46
    Obviously the fuel load was mis reported by FireCom but either way can anyone confirm additional information?
    FYI FireCom doesn't dispatch Deer Park, they are self-dispatched. FireCom is in Nassau. That looked like a text from one of those 'buff groups' that sends out big incident notifications anyways, not one directly from a dispatcher.
    http://scannerbuff.net/

I have photo's of the the offending powerplant but I am hesitant to release them.
    However, as a parting gift to the news here is the making of a music video in which this airplane was in about a year ago as well as the finished product. Bleh! Hate the song but nice cars.

Oh yeah Pimp, you're just like Jay Z. :lol:

What a *********... :borat:
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

The incident made it onto the ntsb site pretty quickly.

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_i ... 1115&key=1

Dam Windows crashed again!!!!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

LOL Fred.
    Cannot say much on the topic but the airplane is now litteraly falling apart. LOL

If I'm not mistaken, until that flight, that G3 had not flown in about 2 weeks.
    Those older birds do fly and maintain better when they are flown more...keeps the fluids flowing if you know what I mean. As for the window issue, well...if it just gave way like that, that's just old age.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Those older birds do fly and maintain better when they are flown more...keeps the fluids flowing if you know what I mean. As for the window issue, well...if it just gave way like that, that's just old age.
    Mmmm sounds like me. Especially the fluid issue. :lol: :lol: :lol: