Thread: SEA spotting questions

SEA spotting questions

Hi, I will be in SEA next weekend (Aug 30). I am staying at the Hilton hotel right off the terminal. I am traveling with family so there is a lot of activities planned. But I still want to squeeze in a few hours of spotting if the condition is right. Could you help with few questions?
    1. does the hotel itself offer good views of the airport? Any recommendations as which room should I get? What are some good spots for SEA?

2. are there any good spots for Renton for taking photos of the 737s lining up there?

Thanks for your help.

Program Coordinator

Re: SEA spotting questions

Glad you asked, and I'll be happy to answer your questions as soon as I get back from a quick swing down to BFI!

You're in luck: SEA is this week's spotting map! We will be posting it on Thursday. :borat:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Program Coordinator

does the hotel itself offer good views of the airport? Any recommendations as which room should I get?
    The hotel does not offer any reasonable views from any angle.

What are some good spots for SEA?
    Looks like you'll find out this Thursday! And they'll all be the same locations since I came up with them!

are there any good spots for Renton for taking photos of the 737s lining up there?
    Yes - the Chamber of Commerce lot. From I5, exit onto 405 North. Follow 405 to exit 2 to WA-167N. As you begin to pass the airport you’ll see a parking lot to your right that overlooks the ramp. Pull in.

Thx a lot. will wait for Thursday.

Once again, thx for the info, but it's a rainy day in SEA, and I have other plans for the rest of the weekend, so it's going to be a wash-out. :cry:

Sorry for the delay on the guide, will be posting today! Sucks that the weather is bad. :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9