Thread: What Happenned to Craftsman?

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

What Happenned to Craftsman?

i'm totally pissed off at craftsman right now. a company that went to business to make tools, especially automotive tools, doesn't make certain tools! i need a new oil filter wrench. my last one was a craftsman and was shaped kind of like a channel lock wrench. i wanted the same thing since A; i have always bought craftsman tools and B; the lifetime guarantee they offer can't be beat. so today i go to the sears on queens blvd and of course can't find them on the half-empty shelves. it takes me 30 minutes to find someone to ask a question about the wrench and he tells me (with an attitude that would make you think i'd pulled him away from his mother's funeral) that craftsman doesn't make them anymore. WTF!! i checked thier website and they only have off-brand strap wrenches, aka pieces of crap!

all this makes me wonder about the guarantee too. a few years back we snapped a 1/2 inch wrench and literally went to a sears store where they guy took our broken on and gave us a new wrench, no questions asked. wonder if that can still be done...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Uh oh Matt likes Craftsman for TOOLS! :twisted: (ducks punches and runs to other side of tower)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Tools did some say Tools? Where is Mario?

Apparently, Craftsman really restricted the lifetime guarantee. My friends dad tried to return one, they asked "Did you use it on an object?" Obviously the answer was yes, "Oh sorry, we no longer replace tools that were used for free"

Pfft, who doesn't use a tool?
    nwa FOREVER!

the craftsman tool replacement covers all hand tools....thats it...wrenches, ratchets, screwdrivers, sockets, pliers etc...

You have no idea how many times I had to have pliers replaced...I take it in to Sears, give the man my old one...and I have a new one just as easy...

for oil filter wrenches...they are useless...the easiest thing to do with a bitch of an oil filter...drive a screwdriver through it..and turn...

I had a chipped head of a screwdriver a few years ago and asked for it to be replaced.... He said it was not damaged enough for replacement.... I said "Look at this!" and put it in the vice 5 feet away, cranked it down and bent it (REALLY HARD TO DO UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY PISSED!!!!).

Took the screwdriver out and said "replace the FOkin screwdriver or get the store manager....your decision.

You just need to know how to handle the situation
    (he did give me attitue and said abuse of equipment.....I said "why don't you read the gaurentee and bring it to me if you still do not know what it says)
    I have craftsman for the lifetime warranty. It may not be the best tool but it is local and I can get it replaced in 10 minutes (very important while under a car in 15 degree weather!

I love craftsman, Because it is OK quality, great warranty and LOCAL!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".