Thread: Its true US is looking for a 737 replacement

Its true US is looking for a 737 replacement

USAirways has announced their intent on finding a suitable replacement for the older than dirt 737 fleet we fly. Do not get me wrong. I think that a 737 in our colors is one of the sexiest things there is flying around when the paint is not coming off but our Boeings are very old. I would love to see a fresh order of Boeing twins coming but in reality Parker is quite pratical so it will probably goe to the French. Than again though it might because there is a great deal of good to a multi type narrow body fleet. I would not mind a few 738's and 700's coasting around the East network. I have a feeling anyway that most of the west metal will stay west for the most part and our east metal will ply the east skies anyhow. How sexy a 737-700W would look with our new colors and shiny chrome nacelle rims on her. (drool thinking about it)
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I doubt Parker will opt for a Boeing plane. Odds are it will go to Airbus.
    nwa FOREVER!

US is in talks with Boeing (fact, not rumor) for the following aircraft types, 738, 739ER, 777, 787. While the 319/320 would be the more logical 733/734 replacement I think you will end up seeing a mixed order due to the fact many (but not all) of the 757's need to be replaced and the 739ER is a much better replacement than the 321. Here is my guess. The 733 will be replaced by the 319 and E-190, the 734 will be replaced by the 738/739ER. The West 757's and the East ex Eastern 25 year old 757's will be replaced by the 739ER. The A-350 delays are just to long and the A-330's and A-350 order will be replaced by a mix of 777.787, the smaller version of the later eventually replacing the 762.
    I could be 100 pct wrong but this is my educated guess.

Regards

LGA777

You May Be Wrong--but for a good reason

Ron,

You may be wrong, but only because it MAKES PERFECT SENSE, therefore they'll never do it.

I flew the "new" configuration 320 the other day and couldn't believe it.
    It's the fares, stupid