PDA

View Full Version : KLGA Spotting?

Tlauc1999
2014-08-27, 10:37 AM
I'm local to EWR but as you guys know, the security is just too great and too limiting for me to get any good shots of anything other than a United RJ or 737. I'm going to be going to LGA from now on as it is only 20 minutes farther. Anything I should know before going? How's the security? LGA spotters chime in here, I'd like some tips and tricks for a great spotting day at LGA

Landing Lights
2014-08-27, 01:06 PM
I've never had any issues at LGA while spotting from the locations in the spotting guide. That said, you're not going to find much more variety at LGA in comparison to EWR if that is what you are looking for. It's a lot of RJs, 737s, and A320s, with an occasional 757. For me, LGA is a spot to spend a few hours, not a whole day. But to each their own.

If variety is really what you're looking for, I would recommend JFK. Far more airlines and aircraft types go to JFK than go to LGA. I drive down from the Poughkeepsie area and would rather drive a little further for the JFK experience.

Just my $.02 of course.

Gerard
2014-08-27, 08:29 PM
I'm local to EWR but as you guys know, the security is just too great and too limiting for me to get any good shots of anything other than a United RJ or 737.
Wait arent you the guy who declared he was King of EWR in getting pictures and not getting hassled by "NYPD and PAPD"? :rolleyes:

Tlauc1999
2014-08-28, 10:41 AM
Wait arent you the guy who declared he was King of EWR in getting pictures and not getting hassled by "NYPD and PAPD"? :rolleyes:

I have two spots at EWR that are completely safe from the PAPD and NYPD, however I'm getting tired of those spots and the "variety" that EWR has

alberchico
2014-08-28, 11:55 AM
I'm local to EWR but as you guys know, the security is just too great and too limiting for me to get any good shots of anything other than a United RJ or 737. I'm going to be going to LGA from now on as it is only 20 minutes farther. Anything I should know before going? How's the security? LGA spotters chime in here, I'd like some tips and tricks for a great spotting day at LGA

If you confine yourself to Plane View Park you should be fine. Its pretty much the only hassle free spotting location in the city.

moose135
2014-08-28, 12:16 PM
I've never had any issues down at the marina parking area for departures and arrivals down that end.

Gerard
2014-08-28, 06:47 PM
I have two spots at EWR that are completely safe from the PAPD and NYPD, however I'm getting tired of those spots and the "variety" that EWR has

Well if you are looking for variety, LGA aint the place!! Like Ben said go south young man to JFK

Gintaras B.
2014-08-28, 09:07 PM
Well if you are looking for variety, LGA aint the place!! Like Ben said go south young man to JFK

Gerard...I'm getting tired of JFK...:smile: unless something special comes in....I got tired of all these boring Swiss Air, Alitalia, Aer Lingus...Egypt Air - just 2 different reg #'s...
I haven't spotted in any other airport besides JFK...I wish, If I could...I would...LGA - "Magic" plane...So far now...Like I'm being pushed: "go to JFK...go to JFK"..."maybe One World, Sky Team...Dreamlifter"...and I can't resist...:rolleyes:

Gerard
2014-08-28, 10:02 PM
Gerard...I'm getting tired of JFK...:smile: unless something special comes in....I got tired of all these boring Swiss Air, Alitalia, Aer Lingus...Egypt Air - just 2 different reg #'s...
I haven't spotted in any other airport besides JFK...I wish, If I could...I would...LGA - "Magic" plane...So far now...Like I'm being pushed: "go to JFK...go to JFK"..."maybe One World, Sky Team...Dreamlifter"...and I can't resist...:rolleyes:

I was down at Plainview Park last week, great views as they were departing R4 but boy it was just the same ol same ol!! Was down by The Mounds a few weeks ago on a Sat, was heading home from Queens and figured why not, stayed in my car and that was much more interesting!! Would have stayed a little longer but they changed runways on me!! :tongue: What you guys need to do is give yourself a break from Spotting at JFK for awhile (yeah I know HE SPEAKS HERESY). Then when you go back after a few weeks off it'll be so much more fresh!! Ha I guess I speak crazy talk
here but just a suggestion!!

moose135
2014-08-28, 10:41 PM
Come on down to CLT - Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, RJ, RJ, RJ, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, American, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus...rinse and repeat.

Gerard
2014-08-29, 06:32 AM
Come on down to CLT - Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, RJ, RJ, RJ, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus, American, Cactus, Cactus, Cactus...rinse and repeat.

:biggrin::smile::tongue::wink:

Landing Lights
2014-08-29, 07:41 AM
JFK never gets old for me. Sure there's a lot of Delta, American, and JetBlue, but there are over 70 other airlines serving the airport with more to come. Maybe its just that JFK is a 1-2 hour drive for me so each trip is special. Beyond that, you never know when a special or a VIP is going to arrive.

If you're looking far a change of pace from JFK, you're really going to have to travel. LAX is awesome, and I've heard great things about MIA. Or maybe you could take a day trip up to BOS. We are extraordinarily lucky to have a major world hub so close to us. And I personally never take that for granted.