PDA

View Full Version : Hill at CLT...Again

adscram14
2014-05-24, 11:31 PM
Went to the hill to try to catch 809AW, a new American 319. Got 809 and then 814 (another new paint scheme) back to back. Then a police officer pulled up behind my car and motioned me over. He asked what I was doing, why I was there, and what I was there to see. He wasn't by any means rude but he seemed concerned. He asked for ID and ran it. While he was doing so, he asked about school, college, and band and we had a short conversation. Nice guy. We did have to leave. I think CMPD is concerned with people leaving their cars on the side of the road, and they may have a point there. I'm sure there's a statute somewhere about leaving a car (even though there were no no parking signs). Oh well. Pictures will come later!

felipegcmh
2014-05-25, 12:20 AM
We were about to meet up with you guys when we saw the cop right there, so we went to wait elsewhere and see what happened. Decided not to try that spot later in the day just in case the cop had noticed us driving by (the "we didn't know" excuse wouldn't work), so stayed at the overlook for most of the day.

This reminds me, any suggestions for morning spots? or should I just wait until 3pm or so?