PDA

View Full Version : USMC Choppers Over Central Park

Speedbird1
2014-05-12, 09:53 AM
Visiting Central Park on Sunday for the Japan Day Festival, I suddenly saw a flotilla of USMC and NYPD choppers flying in a procession from west to east. Anybody know the reason? Was it a rehearsal for the Presidential Visit this week? The sighting was at 1547 local.

Gerard
2014-05-12, 06:44 PM
Visiting Central Park on Sunday for the Japan Day Festival, I suddenly saw a flotilla of USMC and NYPD choppers flying in a procession from west to east. Anybody know the reason? Was it a rehearsal for the Presidential Visit this week? The sighting was at 1547 local.

FRom what I hear the President will be up at the Tappan Zee Bridge either tomorrow or Wed so probably a familiarity flight!! Funny story, I get home last night and checking out my Facebook Newsfeed and see a picture of two very good friends of mine with their children having their picture taken in the DUMBO area by the Brooklyn Bridge. In the background flying along the skyline were 2 Sea Kings and a Sea Knight!! I told them good thing I wasnt taking the picture as it would have been the helicopters and not them in the shot!!

Mateo
2014-05-12, 08:03 PM
Based on the TFR, it looks like JFK is still going to be the airport, and will helicopter up to Tarrytown for the TZB event late Wednesday. This trip also includes the rare overnight, since he'll be in Lower Manhattan on Thursday.

Gerard
2014-05-13, 07:22 PM
Based on the TFR, it looks like JFK is still going to be the airport, and will helicopter up to Tarrytown for the TZB event late Wednesday. This trip also includes the rare overnight, since he'll be in Lower Manhattan on Thursday.

Figure land JFK, Marine 1 to LZ by Tappan Zee on Westchester side then Marine 1 down to Wall St. Any ETAs?