PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from the FBI

yankees368
2013-11-27, 03:50 PM
I don't usually pick up or even look at my land line, but I'm happy I did today. The caller ID read "U.S. Government" which I immediately thought was a spoofed ID. Turns out the call was actually from the Nassau/Suffolk FBI field office.
Seems that someone had reported my cars plate number to an FBI tip line last weekend. The agent was extremely polite, and didn't actually have any questions for me, just wanted to inform me of the now closed case. I was not in my car, borrowed my fathers car, but the FBI was smart enough to do a check on the entire family, and found me. After a quick search, they were able to find me, my pictures, and everything I do online, and were adequately satisfied that I was not a threat, but actually an asset. We chatted for a bit, and turns out that this guy typically deals with reports of idiots pointing lasers at airplanes. So, if I (we) ever see anything that is actually suspicious, he directed me to call him directly at the field office.

Pretty cool! And if whoever reported my car ever sees this, thank you. Having a friend at the FBI never hurts!

emk1219
2013-11-27, 05:30 PM
Whenever you get hired, give me a call so ill have a friend in the FBI as well...thanks for sharing

megatop412
2013-11-27, 08:54 PM
Awesome! Our first official G-Man!!!:biggrin:

moose135
2013-11-27, 09:19 PM
Four or five years ago I had a meeting with the FBI. I had been at HoBe with a foreign visitor one cold January morning when NYPD rolled up and checked us out. After taking our info, they left. A couple of days later, the FBI called - NYPD filed a report with the JFK field office. We met at a "neutral" site, and interviewed me for about 20 minutes. They made it clear I hadn't done anything wrong, but needed to follow up on the NYPD report.

gonzalu
2013-11-28, 07:58 AM
You what they say in business... unless you're being investigated by the government, you aren't big or powerful enough.

I have never been questioned or called by the FBI or any other agency (at the field while spotting notwithstanding) so what the heck am [I] doing wrong? :tongue:

Gintaras B.
2013-11-28, 08:31 AM
I have never been questioned or called by the FBI or any other agency (at the field while spotting notwithstanding) so what the heck am [I] doing wrong? :tongue:

Manny,
They don't question their own people....:wink::smile:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

gonzalu
2013-11-28, 09:23 AM
I am Cuban Secret Service and ex- Cuban Navy Hippo

Spunker
2013-11-28, 09:30 AM
I've found that most LEO's understand what we do and actually like us but there is always that one rouge jackass who is out there. Thanks fro sharing this great story.

yankees368
2013-11-28, 10:03 AM

hahaha!

Gerard
2013-11-28, 10:10 AM

Wouldnt be surprised if the Federales monitor this page so I would expect a visit soon. See any black Suburbans parked on your street or a black DOJ helicopter circling overhead? :cool::cool:

yankees368
2013-11-28, 10:25 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if the Federales monitor this page so I would expect a visit soon. See any black Suburbans parked on your street or a black DOJ helicopter circling overhead? :cool::cool:

If we never see Manny again, we will know what happened.

gonzalu
2013-11-28, 10:37 AM

Ay juh may a cah tu Egh Bea Ay, and dey leeh meh alon mein!

Steven Holzinger
2013-11-28, 03:51 PM
In April 2009 I had spent a day hanging near PHL on the NJ side with a friend of mine filming arrivals to 27R. Didn't get local cops visiting but apparently someone took my license plate down and reported me for suspicious activity. How do I know? In September 2009, two FBI agents representing the Joint Terrorism Task Force stopped by home to speak with me about that incident in April. I wasn't home at the time but did call one of the agents and had about a thirty minute conversation (he left his business card with my parents). The conversation went very well and basically he stated if I saw something anywhere to call him and report it. This included if I was well away from the PHL area; he would forward my call to the respective area's office.

My only complaint was the fact that this was followed up five months after the incident was recorded!

emshighway
2013-11-29, 09:59 PM
Awesome! Our first official G-Man!!!:biggrin:

Umm, am I chopped liver???

Mateo
2013-12-01, 01:39 AM
I've found that most LEO's understand what we do and actually like us but there is always that one rouge jackassIt's the eyeshadow ones you need to look out for!

megatop412
2013-12-01, 10:23 AM
Umm, am I chopped liver??? Well, I meant the suit and tie guy division:cool: