PDA

View Full Version : Possible new traffic at NYC area airports

steve1840
2013-08-27, 10:50 AM
Not sure what to make of this or even which NYC area airport will see the service but jet2 will be starting service to NY per this article from a British newspaper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2399979/Jet2-set-fly-Boston-Toronto-New-York.html

wunaladreamin
2013-08-27, 10:55 AM
Just don't let be EWR or at night.

Cary
2013-08-27, 11:07 AM
I'm going to guess EWR, since that's where the Jet2 shopping charters always come into.

Delta777LR
2013-08-27, 11:27 AM
I believe it's gonna be at EWR

Aviation.High.Guy
2013-08-27, 11:40 AM
Not sure what to make of this or even which NYC area airport will see the service but jet2 will be starting service to NY per this article from a British newspaper.

That would be great! By the way Jet2 has colorful interiors. Nice to see a trend away from the muted interior color palettes of the '90s and early 2000s.

Landing Lights
2013-08-27, 01:29 PM
Just don't let be EWR or at night.

The flights are bookable now, and it is from EWR. It looks like the flights arrive in the late morning on Wednesdays and depart late evening on Saturdays. Their booking engine is a pain to deal with, but it appears that you can only originate in Europe and that you can only stay here 3 nights, even though the website will try to sell you a longer stay the whole time only to give you an error message when you select the longer stay. As best I can tell, the aircraft will sit on the ground at Newark for roughly 3.5 days before taking the passengers it brought over back home.

As for the passenger experience, its 42 rows on a 757-200 giving a 29 inch seat pitch (ouch!) in most seats. There are a 36 extra legroom seats offering 34 inches of pitch as well. You also get the full ULCC experience with fees for everything from bags to meals to paying with your credit card. Checking in at the airport? There's a fee for that. Checking in online but with bags to check? There's a fee for that as well on top of the steep (<$45) checked bag fees.