PDA

View Full Version : TSA Drops Plan to Allow Small Knives on Planes

moose135
2013-06-05, 05:03 PM
The Transportation Security Administration is abandoning a plan to allow passengers to carry small knives, souvenir bats, golf clubs and other sports equipment onto planes in the face of fierce congressional and industry opposition, the head of the agency said Wednesday.

By scuttling the plan to drop the knives and sports equipment from TSA's list of prohibited items, the agency can focus its attention on other priorities, including expanding its Pre-Check program to identify ahead of time travelers who don't pose a security risk, TSA Administrator John Pistole told The Associated Press.
Full Story: http://seattletimes.com/html/politics/2021123555_apusknivesonplanes.html

So, I can't carry my 2" Swiss Army pocketknife on an airplane, but I can bring a 7" screwdriver...

megatop412
2013-06-05, 06:05 PM
I always put my Swiss Army knife in a checked bag. Won't do me much good there though when the maniac with the screwdriver starts lunging at people

captmjk16
2013-06-05, 06:44 PM
I can still bring my ice skates and go all Happy Gilmore on someone if need be, gotta love the Taking Scissors Away club...

NIKV69
2013-06-05, 07:06 PM
Knew this would happen. Mark you have my knife!

Landing Lights
2013-06-06, 07:34 AM
Fear wins again! Sad, though not surprising, to see that we can't actually look at what the real threats are and protect against them instead of wasting our security resources chasing people with corkscrews.