2013-04-15, 04:10 PM
TFR has been posted
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_2046.html

Jared Blech
2013-04-15, 04:30 PM
servers too busy

alberchico
2013-04-15, 04:51 PM
Does that TFR affect airline traffic or primarily news helicopters ?

NIKV69
2013-04-15, 05:36 PM
Police have a Saudi National under guard in hospital with bomb injuries.

Gerard
2013-04-15, 05:40 PM
Police have a Saudi National under guard in hospital with bomb injuries.

CNN says BPD denying this.
Looks like Logan is shutdown or extensive delays?

jerslice
2013-04-15, 06:10 PM
Looks like Logan is shutdown or extensive delays?

Not entirely clear...I believe the TFR is showing a 3.5 mile radius...which would very likely include Logan. But several news sources have also said that Logan is only operating with a 'ground stop'

Jared Blech
2013-04-19, 07:12 AM
Didn't want to put this in a new thread but apparently one of the bombers is dead and one still on the lose.
As this unfolds, does anybody know what effect this will have as a spotter? My thoughts and prayers out to the victims and families.

megatop412
2013-04-19, 08:43 AM
Didn't want to put this in a new thread but apparently one of the bombers is dead and one still on the lose.
As this unfolds, does anybody know what effect this will have as a spotter? My thoughts and prayers out to the victims and families.
Too early to tell at this point

Gerard
2013-04-19, 09:32 AM
Boston and surrounding towns pretty much shutdown!! Seems like a major focus point now as I watch is in Watertown, Mass. Crazy shootout last night that not only left one suspect dead but a police officer!!
And a Spotting aside, was watching the coverage and the reporters were inquiring what type of helicopter was overhead. Military? National Guard? Ha I quicky identified it as a Mass State PD TwinStar!! They needed
a helo spotter there!! And NO conspiraxcy nuts it is NOT a black helicopter though it does have some dark coloring!!

moose135
2013-04-19, 12:11 PM
As this unfolds, does anybody know what effect this will have as a spotter?
The police closed the airport overview at CLT on Tuesday. Don't know when it will reopen. One might be tempted to a comment about knee-jerk reactions...

steve1840
2013-04-19, 01:52 PM
......One might be tempted to a comment about knee-jerk reactions...

We don't have any members that would do that...... :rolleyes:

Gerard
2013-04-19, 02:25 PM
Lazying around house today watching this craziness in Boston and trying to figure out how many more stories they can out out of their arses with no new updates!! LOL!!
2 military UH-60s swept in to Watertown, landed then right back out again!! That had the media speculating!!
And I guess they pulled down the TFR as the ENG copters are buzzing over Watertown as of 1:30!! Of course that could change at any time!!

gonzalu
2013-04-19, 06:18 PM
They will ad-lib non-stop when there is nothing to report... and I love when they make up news as needed.

Another favorite teactic... say the person being interviewed really has no clue, they will keep asking them what they think the littlest detail means and to speculate no matter how insignificant.

"A Police vehicle just passed us with one window shattered, what do you think that means? Let's go to our entire team for opinions on what it means to have one police vehicle involved in a gun fight with bomb expoliding why it has one blown out window"

It is just laughable really... and some get so tongue twisted, they forget they are supposed to be professional reporters out of the very elite news media (supposedly) and instead they sound more like a college newsletter outfit!

RomNYC
2013-04-19, 06:30 PM
Could not have said it better Manny. As you said: laughable...

Fear sells. Want to run a healthy media business? Overfeed viewers with fear, fear of foreigners if possible. Those guys were international students, just like me. So were the 9/11 guys. No wonder NYPD always raises an eyebrow when they see "temp visitor" on my ID... Terrorists actions draw suspicion on people like me, but the way the media handles these news stories hurts me/us just as bad.

jerslice
2013-04-19, 06:31 PM
As this unfolds, does anybody know what effect this will have as a spotter?

Ideally, none...at least it shouldn't have any effect. Whether it will, and while better than the past Boston tends toward being spotter-wary, remains to be seen.

gonzalu
2013-04-19, 07:18 PM
Look, EVERYONE, ANYONE is suspect ALL the time, you just never know who is the wolf amongst the sheep. To classify and blanket a people is just insane. While you're out looking for the "one type" the real criminal is getting away with it.

Think how many small robberies took place today outside of Boston Ground Zero? Criminals must have been having a field day since NO ONE was gonna come for them...

Anyway, I hate speculating. Once we have all the facts, the truth shall be investigated then. Until then, there is NOTHING to report, so let's not report it. Really, they SHOULD have a report of actual news, and then when there is nothing, go back to regular programming. There has got to be other news happening around the world. Heck, they haven't even given a weather report which is surely actually happening :tongue:

gonzalu
2013-04-19, 07:26 PM
"Sir, I am going to have to confiscate your camera"
"Why Officer?"
"Because of the Boston Marathon Bombings, all cameras are suspect"
"Wait, what?"
"Yes, you heard me, you must give up your camera"
"So what about the car I am driving? Aren't you going to check that?"
"No no need, cars that could be potentially loaded with "_ _ _ _ _" are not suspect, but your camera and your using of it certainly is"
"[SMH]"
"Oh, and for good measure, 9/11!!, Yes, 9/11"
"what do you mean officer?"
"9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or don't you know what's going on?"
"What about those fishermen there? they are not as suspect as I am? What about their Tackle Box? Certainly they are out here much more than I am"
"They are just fisherman, a safe hobby. Why would they be up to no good? YOU!, You are definitely suspect with your camera!!"
"Oh Well, here you go sir. Should I just leave?"
"You better believe it mister! You are NOT hanging around here"
"May I go freely somewhere else? Shouldn't I be arrested in case I am actually doing something wrong?"
"No, go about your business"

jerslice
2013-04-19, 09:50 PM
Go BOSTON!!

RomNYC
2013-04-20, 12:06 AM
To classify and blanket a people is just insane.

Absolutely agree with you, but it is still what the masses do after being brainwashed by the media for 2 straight days. Five years from now, ask anyone around here what they'll remember from today: "bombing, manhunt, foreigners, america prevails". I can't believe how many times I've heard the word "ethnic/ethnicity" on TV today, from Fox News to CNN... What kind of effin' difference does that make?

I won't be picking on America alone though, the media in my own country do the exact same. And to think that I wanted to be a journalist as a kid...

Jared Blech
2013-04-20, 11:26 AM
Perfectly said manny, throughout school yesterday i was watching it live yesterday on my phone. NONSTOP 10 HOURS THEY JUST REPEATED THE SAME S**T. NO COMMERCIAL BREAKS FOR 8 HOURS STRAIGHT?? UNHEARD OF!! Manny said it well, they ask the most absurd questions.
"hold on dave, hold on....can you tell us what type of helicopter is flying over you, what do you think that means?" WHAT KIND OF HELICOPTER DO YOU THINK IT IS, A TOURIST HELICOPTER FLYING OVER?? Dumb news media.

Gerard
2013-04-21, 12:08 AM
"hold on dave, hold on....can you tell us what type of helicopter is flying over you, what do you think that means?" WHAT KIND OF HELICOPTER DO YOU THINK IT IS, A TOURIST HELICOPTER FLYING OVER?? Dumb news media.

Today Wolf was interviewing the Chief of Watertown PD who was telling him how they used the infrared from the helicopter to see the hidden perp!! Wolf was like "yes isnt it great that the government sent one of their helicopters with that high-tech equipoment"!! Duh, Mass SPD Air Unit copter with its FLIR which at this point is common to all LE aircraft!!

megatop412
2013-04-24, 08:56 AM
Now that the dust from this is beginning to settle, I wanted to post a couple links.

To say it's ironic that a photographer supplied the first decent pictures of the bombing suspects is quite the understatement. So the next time someone gives you any guff about taking pictures in the name of 9/11, give them printouts of the following:

http://photofocus.com/2013/04/23/the-irony-of-the-role-photography-played-in-solving-the-boston-bombing/

http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/10010436496196/photographer-captures-clear-images-of-suspects/

He also seems to be a Nikon shooter, which makes the story even better:cool:

moose135
2013-04-24, 10:20 AM
He also seems to be a Nikon shooter, which makes the story even better:cool:
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then... :-)

megatop412
2013-04-24, 10:44 AM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then... :-)

LOL!