PDA

View Full Version : PANYNJ to take over operations of ACY

moose135
2013-03-21, 01:03 PM
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will take over as the operator of Atlantic City International Airport as soon as July — a move that authority officials said could lead to a tenfold increase in the number of flights through the airport.

On Wednesday, Gov. Chris Christie approved the Port Authority's involvement in the South Jersey operation, which has struggled to retain carriers. Meanwhile, the Port Authority and the South Jersey Transportation Authority — the airport's current operator — agreed to move forward with negotiations in votes at two separate board meetings in New York City and Egg Harbor Township.

Air Canada also announced that they are "absolutely prepared to consider" adding flights into ACY.

Full story http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/atlantic_city/port-authority-sjta-approve-discussions-for-july-takeover-of-atlantic/article_aec7588e-9187-11e2-beac-001a4bcf887a.html

emshighway
2013-03-21, 05:20 PM
Yes, look how much they have done for SWF.

Steven Holzinger
2013-03-21, 05:47 PM
Even if there are additional flights, you STILL can't go spotting there. Even if you were walking by the airport and stopped for just a few seconds, police and USAF security forces will be on you faster than you can blink your eyes.

Gerard
2013-03-23, 08:27 PM
Even if there are additional flights, you STILL can't go spotting there. Even if you were walking by the airport and stopped for just a few seconds, police and USAF security forces will be on you faster than you can blink your eyes.

I stopped there last summer before the Thunder Over The Boardwalk show practice!! Got to see the Thunderbirds depart and drove around the area checking things out!! Wasnt stopped or hassled but at the same time kept my eyes open and only got out of my car once (no camera) to see the Tbirds depart!