PDA

View Full Version : First Photography Site

jerslice
2013-02-19, 02:03 AM
The day has finally come...I've finally started my own site. I don't have enough to pick up my own domain at the moment...but that will eventually change.
In the meantime, here it is (http://jeremydwyerlindgren.sites.livebooks.com/).

Would love feedbacks and thoughts!

Joe
2013-02-19, 08:46 AM
Nice site Jeremy with a lot of nice images. Do they provide the templates for you? Also, a domain name only costs $8.95 per year. it's the hosting that can be expensive.

megatop412
2013-02-19, 10:20 AM
Jeremy those images are incredible and they look great in that layout. Very simple and easy to navigate as well.

Just_Lucas
2013-02-19, 11:17 AM
Nice Photos jermey,May i ask what website did you use to host it?Because im looking for one as well. hope you dont mind me asking

jerslice
2013-02-19, 12:47 PM
Do they provide the templates for you?'
Yes...I've enjoyed Livebooks. A bit on the expensive side compared with smugmug and such, but I like the templates and the ability to tweak them far more. It's worth it to me.

Also, a domain name only costs $8.95 per year. it's the hosting that can be expensive. Yeah...that plus also picking up .net, and .org...then the hosting...and then I don't have the $$ :-)

MarkLawrence
2013-02-19, 01:32 PM
My hosting is basically $72 for every two years - I know there are cheaper solutions out there - 1on1, etc.