PDA

View Full Version : Hell Yes Boys

wunaladreamin
2013-01-06, 09:20 AM
NHL lockout is over and hockey is back! Let the mood swings begin! LETS GO CAPS!!!

moose135
2013-01-06, 12:32 PM
It's about time! Glad to see this mess over.

NIKV69
2013-01-06, 02:10 PM
Half the season gone, total asterisk for the champion. What is the point. Glad it's back but can't get into it.

Gerard
2013-01-06, 07:34 PM
NHL lockout is over and hockey is back! Let the mood swings begin! LETS GO CAPS!!!

Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Not for the Caps I mean!!! LOL!!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-06, 09:27 PM
Half the season gone, total asterisk for the champion. What is the point. Glad it's back but can't get into it.
I don't care for football or basketball so I was dying without my Caps. It's almost as if I gave up cigarettes and vodka!

moose135
2013-01-06, 09:39 PM
It's almost as if I gave up cigarettes and vodka!
Damn, that's serious!

Gerard
2013-01-06, 10:33 PM
I don't care for football or basketball so I was dying without my Caps. It's almost as if I gave up cigarettes and vodka!

Yeah that would hurt!! LOL!! Whats nice here in the NYC area we get to see 3 hockey teams so there is pretty much a game on every night!! I am a Ranger fan(as you know, LOL) but I enjoy watching hockey
so I will watch those other two teams if I have time!!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-06, 11:14 PM
Yeah that would hurt!! LOL!! Whats nice here in the NYC area we get to see 3 hockey teams so there is pretty much a game on every night!! I am a Ranger fan(as you know, LOL) but I enjoy watching hockey
so I will watch those other two teams if I have time!!
Gerard, it's never too late to rock the red!!!

hiss srq
2013-01-07, 10:41 AM

Here here to that!

PhilDernerJr
2013-01-07, 12:01 PM
I still feel so ripped off, and I hate that so many fans just give in to the money machine and does not hold them accountable.

I want to see empty arenas.

wunaladreamin
2013-01-07, 12:09 PM
I can understand your stance Phil but the one thing to consider about that point are the folks that work the things like concession stands and such. They have been out of work as well and while I don't mind seeing the owners suffer in the wallet a bit at all, the regular people like us do need the support.

Gerard
2013-01-07, 07:10 PM

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::wink::biggrin:

steve1840
2013-01-07, 07:24 PM
Saweet!!! Time to take the hockey lovin Bruins fan of a hottie from work to a Rangers game!!!

PhilDernerJr
2013-01-07, 07:28 PM
I can understand your stance Phil but the one thing to consider about that point are the folks that work the things like concession stands and such. They have been out of work as well and while I don't mind seeing the owners suffer in the wallet a bit at all, the regular people like us do need the support.

I'd like to have a t-shirt made that says "Here to support the arena works. F*** the owners" and wear that to games, then.

NIKV69
2013-01-07, 08:48 PM
I still feel so ripped off, and I hate that so many fans just give in to the money machine and does not hold them accountable.

I want to see empty arenas.

I agree, I know hockey players get screwed out of the 4 major sports but Hockey in the US will never change. It's not going to earn like the NFL or NBA or MLB or get TV revenue. Deal with it. Are the owners right? No just as wrong but this process is a joke.

Gerard
2013-01-07, 08:50 PM
I'd like to have a t-shirt made that says "Here to support the arena works. F*** the owners" and wear that to games, then.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/ice_dream_sunday_KU9fevnWL6BUf9u5raLuHP

Interesting article in todays NY Post by hockey writer Larry Brooks about how some extremist owners wanted to break the players union and Don Fehr NO MATTER WHAT THE COST!! I had heard that a
number of times during this lockout!! The SOBs could have cared less if the season was cancelled they wanted to make their point driven home!! Apparently local whipping boy James Dolan was one of the
owners who fought against this "cabal"!!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-07, 09:37 PM
Saweet!!! Time to take the hockey lovin Bruins fan of a hottie from work to a Rangers game!!!
Why?

wunaladreamin
2013-01-07, 09:38 PM
Lol we have to make it happen!

steve1840
2013-01-08, 06:33 AM
Why?

Because I hate the Bruins and any team from New England. Lol. .....and well, the rest is self explanitory. haha!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-08, 10:04 AM
You can wait until the caps come up and watch the Holtbeast make Tim Thomas cry!

Gerard
2013-01-08, 09:24 PM
Looks like January 19th is Opening Night!!
No pre-season games!!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-08, 11:00 PM
Yessir! My Beaupre jersey is dusted off and ready for action. It won't be official until I hear our Horn Guy at the phone booth!

steve1840
2013-01-09, 08:43 AM
You can wait until the caps come up and watch the Holtbeast make Tim Thomas cry!

Deal!

Chris
2013-01-10, 04:43 PM
For what it's worth, the Lightning are selling season tickets at just $200 (but that's probably because they know they're not a Stanley Cup team).

wunaladreamin
2013-01-11, 12:44 AM
My boys are opening in Tampa on the 19th. Gotta press the Dahlen jersey!

Chris
2013-01-11, 03:56 PM
Haha, it will be interesting to see how the Lightning turn out this (shortened) season. Adding Carle and Lindback will definitely help them. But we all know the Rangers will take the cup. :cool:

moose135
2013-01-11, 04:05 PM
But we all know the Rangers will take the cup. :cool:
They'll take a cup, just not the Stanley Cup...

wunaladreamin
2013-01-11, 05:41 PM
The only way the rangers are making the finals is as beer vendors!

Gerard
2013-01-12, 09:55 AM
They'll take a cup, just not the Stanley Cup...

With this season teams need to come out of the gate hard and fast!! AND stay healthy!! With a short training camp I can guess we'll see a lot of injuries early on though some of these guys had been playing
in other leagues, mostly in Europe!!
Hell even the Islanders have a chance to get in the playoffs Moose!! Then again........:confused::tongue:

wunaladreamin
2013-01-12, 05:05 PM
For those interested (and I don't know why) the Rangers will open in Boston, and the Devils will open at the Islanders. But none of it matters because THE WASHINGTON CAPITALS WILL WIN IT ALL!!!

wunaladreamin
2013-01-19, 01:34 PM
I'm so stoked!!! LETS GO CAPS!!!

lijk604
2013-02-08, 09:00 AM
I think it's fair to say that none of our teams have gotten off to the start we wanted. But holy cr@p Kenny! WTF happened in Washington? I was sure they were going to come flying out of the gate and that WAS & the Rangers would be fighting for the #1 seed, not the #8!

wunaladreamin
2013-02-08, 09:55 AM
It's pathetic. What's happening in the phone booth is pathetic. At this point I'd be happy just to not finish in dead last. The question now is who gets traded first.

PhilDernerJr
2013-02-08, 11:00 AM
Many surprises here. Rangers honestly not surprising me, underperforming as one can expect.

Though Chicago is now 9-0, I am putting my bets on Blackhawks vs. Lightning for the cup battle....Tampa Bay on top.

Gerard
2013-02-08, 12:30 PM
It's pathetic. What's happening in the phone booth is pathetic. At this point I'd be happy just to not finish in dead last. The question now is who gets traded first.

Not worried about the Rangers!! They are showing signs of waking up and love the infusion of Young Guns on this team!! And when you
have a goalie like Henrik...well nuff said!!
But yeah, WTF with the Caps? Barry Melrose on ESPN said that the coaching staff changed the whole philosophy of this team and it has
ruined them!! Ovechkin looks lost and uninspired out there as do others!!

wunaladreamin
2013-02-09, 09:41 PM
If Melrose knew wtf he was talking about, he'd still be a head coach somewhere...almost as bad as Mike Milbury. When a team goes through 4 playing systems in three years, it's going to take a bit to re-find an identity. I'll be patient but I also hold no hope for this season.

Hey, we might actually win a game!