PDA

View Full Version : Photos at TEB and MMU--Possible?

Chris102
2012-12-15, 08:31 PM
Is is possible to get photos at TEB and/or MMU? Are there any official spotting locations? I'm looking for someplace new (with Gulfstream traffic) to go to get some photos over Christmas break. I read that Morristown has an official "no photos" policy, but I didn't know how/if this policy is enforced.

I'm also considering a trip to either LGA or JFK if TEB or MMU don't work out...

lijk604
2012-12-15, 11:49 PM
TEB is a Port controlled airport, and is just as tough if not tougher than shooting at EWR. Can't speak for MMU, as I have not had a chance to get out that far.
I do know NJ State Police has a presence there, so maybe that's where the "no photos" policy originates.
LGA had a ton of bizzers on the GA ramp yesterday. Good luck hunting and let us know what you discover.

threeholerglory
2012-12-16, 02:57 PM
There's a ball field on the south end of Industrial Dr (runs along the west side of TEB) and it's right before you get to Moonachie. I have no idea what the presence is for patrols but I never see anyone down there. The approach lights to rwy 6 basically run along the field. If you can get there and shoot un-bothered, I'd imagine it'd have some great shots all day if they're arriving on 6. Like John said, it is a PA airport, and a private one at that so you may get seriously burned. But, then again, you might not. Shoot at your own risk there lol

Chris102
2012-12-16, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll let you know if my trip works out!

markg
2012-12-24, 05:37 PM
Don't attemptphotography at MMU. Airport ops will chase you out even for writing the tail numbers down!

nyslides
2012-12-27, 08:14 PM
While the spot off r/w 6 is a good one, if they use the ILS 6 approach it usually means that weather stinks. Otherwise if coming in from the south they'll have the aircraft fly the ILS6 approach and then turn for a r/w 1 landing.