PDA

View Full Version : Tale of 2 Airline Companies

Speedbird1
2012-12-12, 07:44 AM
I decided to visit the Air China ticket Office and the Turkish Airlines ticket office in Manhattan yesterday to see if I could get an in-flight magazine and a few postcards. The visits were like night and day. First, I had the misfortune to visit Air China. The ladies at first ignored me and went about doing their business. Finally, after I complained, they rudely replied we have no magazines, no postcards, no anything. I truly felt like crap and finally left. I feel sorry for the passengers stuck on an aircraft with these people flying over 12 hours to Beijing. Next, I visited Turkish Airlines and had the opposite experience. I was greeted with a smile. My questions were answered and I received a bag of goodies from the airline and a handshake and wish for a good holiday. I was going to complain to CCA but I don't want to start trouble with such nasty people.

megatop412
2012-12-12, 01:06 PM
Too bad about China Airlines. Maybe they were upset that they'll no longer be flying the 747 to New York in the near future:tongue:

I'm sure you know that just a few decades ago you could walk into almost any airline's offices and you got the Turkish experience. You could still write a letter to China's customer service dept if you felt so inclined- if they treated you rudely, they might also be rude to China's customers, which I'm sure corporate would want to know about since this is a competitive industry

Speedbird1
2012-12-14, 07:36 AM
Thanks for your response. I attempted to contact Air China about the treatment I received but kept getting an Error 404 on my screen. I tried again but I was not successful. I've heard stories about how flyers are treated aboard Air China flights and none of them were good!