PDA

View Full Version : Presidential Airport Names

AJ
2012-04-09, 12:33 PM
I just landed in Houston at the George Bush International Airport (on my way to Port of Spain for business) and started to think... which airport will be named for President Obama?

Both Chicago airports already have names along with Washington.

How about Honolulu?

AJ

I flew on ship # 055, the Star Alliance 764 BTW.

Mateo
2012-04-09, 08:39 PM
Inter*continental* airport. Everything's bigger in Texas, or something. Midway isn't actually named for a person, and it's close to where he lived in Hyde Park, but whoever decides to do it, I hope they wait until it's appropriate. I don't like the practice of naming things after living people, especially in the silly arms race of the last decade when such "luminaries" as Trent Lott, Norm Mineta, Ted Stevens, and Tom Ridge all had airports named after them.

moose135
2012-04-09, 08:45 PM
Define irony: Naming an airport after the President who fired the Air Traffic Controllers.

Matt Molnar
2012-04-09, 09:09 PM
I don't like the practice of naming things after living people, especially in the silly arms race of the last decade when such "luminaries" as Trent Lott, Norm Mineta, Ted Stevens, and Tom Ridge all had airports named after them.
Don't forget, Little Rock will soon be known as Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport.

Perriwen
2012-04-11, 01:41 PM
Don't forget, Little Rock will soon be known as Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport.

Wouldn't it be easier just to name it Clinton National Airport?

Derf
2012-04-11, 01:51 PM
Do you think Hillary makes anything easy?

Perriwen
2012-04-11, 01:54 PM
Do you think Hillary makes anything easy?

"Hey, hey!! I want my name on the airport too!"

"What exactly did you do to deserve-"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER! I AM HILLARY CLINTON AND I WAS CO-PRESIDENT!!!!"

"You do know it's almost unheard of to name something after two people like this? Bill and Hillary? Usually there's a dash and...-"

"SHUT UP AND GET IT DONE!!!!!"