PDA

View Full Version : No Fly-by?

Speedbird1
2012-04-06, 06:24 AM
I went to CitiField for Opening Day yesterday. I was figuring since it was the Mets 50th Anniversary, there'd be a Fly-by. I never saw any. Maybe I missed it? Whenever I attend Yankees Opening Day, a fly-by always is seen. LGA was using the Expr Vis 31 Approach so I saw lots of arrivals all day. The only interesting aircraft of note was the US Air PSA retro "Smiley" we see at Kids Day and a Red Sox Jet Blue. I understand most of the crowd came to watch baseball. To each his own!

steve1840
2012-04-06, 07:40 AM
I could have swore that when they played the highlights of the Mets game yesterday on TV they showed a flyby.

Zee71
2012-04-06, 07:57 AM
I was at the Mets Opening Day game too, and I definitely thought there would have been a fly-by too, but nada!!! I saw the PSA as well, but didn't have my zoom lens (only had my 24-120).

puckstopper55
2012-04-06, 10:17 AM
Maybe they are saving it for the Yankees home opener? :wink:

wunaladreamin
2012-04-08, 11:49 AM
The Mets couldn't get the FANS to show up for the game. "Thousands of tickets still available." And you expected the military to show up? LOL

lijk604
2012-04-08, 04:31 PM
...and somehow the Mets have set their fans up for another season of disappointment. 3-0 afer the opening series with the Braves??? Never would have thought that. Now people are going to have hope.

PhilDernerJr
2012-04-08, 06:13 PM
That's pretty standard for them.

To me, they already let us down when they opened CitiField. The place is brick and green, looking like it's owned by the Parks Department instead of the Mets. Hardly any Mets culture, either. I'm a fan of Jackie Robinson and all, but such a massive area in there dedicated to someone that wasn't even a Met, and the Mets HOF almost hidden from view. The place is built to be for people who want to hang out as opposed to watch their dismal performances, and regardless of how empty the place is, they still charge high ticket prices. I miss MY Mets. What a joke. </rant>

JHNA57
2012-04-13, 01:11 PM
Maybe they are saving it for the Yankees home opener? http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads/images/smilies/wink.gif

They may not have made it to the Met's opener, but I think I just heard them for the Yankees. I am in northwest Nassau and heard them at about 13:05. The sounded like they were climbing out to the Southwest, but I never did eyeball them.

Chris S
2012-04-13, 02:16 PM
2 Super Hornets did the flyover for the Yankees Home Opener today :cool:

Gerard
2012-04-13, 10:27 PM
2 Super Hornets did the flyover for the Yankees Home Opener today :cool:

Just watched the replay on Yankee Encore. NIce.
They were from Strike Force 213 out of Virginia Beach. The Flghting Black Lions.

Matt Molnar
2012-04-13, 11:49 PM
They landed at LGA afterwards, it's possible they're still there but I don't know.