PDA

View Full Version : Quitting My Job

PhilDernerJr
2012-03-27, 06:32 PM
After 5.5 years of working at North American Airlines, I put in my two week notice. The bankruptcy that we experienced is leading to the company moving to Georgia later in the year, which is of course not an option for me. I received a new opportunity, and though I will miss NAA, am moving on to bluer skies.

Maybe I can start telling of some of my NAA adventures now. :)

tlabranche
2012-03-27, 06:44 PM
What are these Blue'r skies you refer to? B6?

eric8669
2012-03-27, 07:31 PM
After 5.5 years of working at North American Airlines, I put in my two week notice. The bankruptcy that we experienced is leading to the company moving to Georgia later in the year, which is of course not an option for me. I received a new opportunity, and though I will miss NAA, am moving on to "bluer skies".

Maybe I can start telling of some of my NAA adventures now. :)

Congrats Phil! Here's to brighter and bluer skies.

Derf
2012-03-27, 07:48 PM
Congrats Phil! Glad to hear about Bluer Skies

Zee71
2012-03-27, 10:16 PM
Phil...........congrats and "bluer sky's" ahead!!!

lijk604
2012-03-27, 10:52 PM
Good News Phil! Good Luck to you.

hiss srq
2012-03-27, 11:33 PM
Jeeze, that company must let any riff raff dispatch. Congrats man!!

NIKV69
2012-03-28, 04:57 AM
Congrats Phil!

MarkLawrence
2012-03-28, 06:51 AM
Congrats Phil! I have a feeling the sky is going to be bluer on the other side!! :)

PhilDernerJr
2012-03-28, 09:55 AM
Haha, thanks guys. :)

AJ
2012-03-28, 12:30 PM
I knew they suddenly had a pilot slot open! Good to see that you had a plan B. Good luck and best wishes,

AJ

gonzalu
2012-03-28, 12:55 PM
Phil good luck in your new endeavor. I hope it is better for your financially and personally. Congratulations on a smooth work transition give the conditions of the job market!

mattdueck
2012-03-28, 01:44 PM
Congrats Phil on your new endevours, and thank you very much for your time you have invested in this site, very much appreciated.

Gerard
2012-03-28, 06:27 PM
Congratulations. Nice to get a job quickly after leaving the old. Just wondering as I gather your new job is in the aviation industry, in the interests of full
disclosure during the job interview, you let them know your affiliation with this website? And since you have been hired I guess they have no problem with it?
These days with businesses going after prospective employees to give up their Facebook pages I wonder how an Aviation company would look at your running
this site. Did NAA have any concerns?
Thanks.

PhilDernerJr
2012-03-28, 06:33 PM
Good question. I've been open and honest about my involvement with NYCA at NAA, and in the interviewing at my current company (it is on my resume, after all). As NYCA coverage comes up that includes the company I work for....I completely step back and let Matt and other staff run that part of the coverage without me or my influence, while I respect the contracts I've signed with the company regarding protection of information. I brief my regular employer on this, and I brief NYCA staff on this.

NAA coverage was not frequent, but we acted that way when it did...the recent bankruptcy being an example. I don't tip off, I don't comment...I let Matt find out on his own and he can use the same resources that are available to him that do not include me. I just go to work and do my job.

There are many people that do consulting, writing, blogging and running websites that also work for airlines. They just never mention who that company is and things are usually fine as long as the two are separated.

Gerard
2012-03-28, 07:33 PM
Good question. I've been open and honest about my involvement with NYCA at NAA, and in the interviewing at my current company (it is on my resume, after all). As NYCA coverage comes up that includes the company I work for....I completely step back and let Matt and other staff run that part of the coverage without me or my influence, while I respect the contracts I've signed with the company regarding protection of information. I brief my regular employer on this, and I brief NYCA staff on this.

Thanks Phil for your reply. Once again good luck on the new job and thanks again for this great website.

Greg_NY
2012-03-28, 08:08 PM
Phil, I would also like to wish you much success in your new position.

bluejuice
2012-03-31, 11:49 AM
Good luck with your new position.