PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Air Show Planning

lijk604
2012-03-25, 07:27 PM
So finally had a few minutes to look at my calendar for the balance of this year. What air shows are y'all planning on going to (or already went to) in 2012.
I'm looking at the following:

May - Jones Beach Air Show
June - RI Air Show
August - Greenwood Lake Air Show
October - Rotorfest

If anyone has tips for Greenwood Lake or Rotorfest it would be greatly appreciated.

Gerard
2012-03-25, 07:40 PM
So finally had a few minutes to look at my calendar for the balance of this year. What air shows are y'all planning on going to (or already went to) in 2012.
I'm looking at the following:

May - Jones Beach Air Show
June - RI Air Show
August - Greenwood Lake Air Show
October - Rotorfest

If anyone has tips for Greenwood Lake or Rotorfest it would be greatly appreciated.

Jones Beach and Atlantic City for me.:cool:

eric8669
2012-03-25, 07:42 PM
I hope to go to

McGuire
Andrews
Jones
RI
AC

Joe
2012-03-25, 07:55 PM
I don't have my exact schedule locked down yet although I will most likely attend:

May - Joint base McGuire-Dix
Jones Beach

June - Ocean City, MD (depending upon lineup)
Rhode Island ANG

August - Westover AFB
Atlantic City

September - NAS Oceana

steve1840
2012-03-25, 08:00 PM
Rest of my schedule is looking like:

Possibly Andrews
Jones Beach
Oceana
Possibly RotorFest (If weather looks better this year)
Possibly Aviation Nation (If I can afford)
Pensacola

Zee71
2012-03-25, 08:08 PM
I would like to hit:

- Jones Beach
- Rhode Island
- Oceana

megatop412
2012-03-25, 08:32 PM
I figure if I go to several, the photos from at least one should turn out OK:smile:

Maguire
Jones Beach
Ocean City
Rotorfest
does UN Week count as an airshow???

moose135
2012-03-25, 08:45 PM
I hope to make McGuire AFB, and certainly Jones Beach. Beyond that, it depends on where life takes me, but I've been checking the calendar, and may hit a few more beyond those two...

jerslice
2012-03-25, 08:49 PM
Midland-Odessa October 2012

Greg_NY
2012-03-25, 10:19 PM
Jones Beach
Rhode Island (depending on lineup)
Oceana
Aviation Nation

Steven Holzinger
2012-03-26, 10:37 AM
The lighting at Greenwood Lake is good up until the later part of the afternoon... Rotorfest... you're looking into the sun the entire day, but Sunday is the day to go there since you've got almost all of the military helicopters departing that day.

I'll be at McGuire, Andrews, Reading for WWII Weekend, Rhode Island, maybe Westover, Atlantic City, Greenwood Lake, New Garden (PA), NAS Oceana, Culpeper (VA), Rotorfest, and NAS Pensacola. I'm also going to try and sneak in a NAS Oceana spotting trip somewhere this summer. I really want to go to Jones Beach this year but my best friend is getting married that weekend...

Matt Molnar
2012-03-26, 10:59 AM
Oshkosh
Farnborough (maybe)
Atlantic City

eric8669
2012-03-26, 11:03 AM
Oshkosh
Farnborough (maybe)
Atlantic City

I have been invited to farnborough, but don't think I can afford it.

cancidas
2012-03-26, 12:00 PM
June - RI Air Show

give me a call when you get there, i'll already be working at PVD ATCT at that point and definitely going to that show. i'd really, really like to make it to rotorfest one of these years too!

Chris S
2012-03-26, 12:08 PM
Andrews ( Possibly)
NYC Fleetweek / War of 1812 Bicentennial Sailabration and Blue Angels Flyover
Jones Beach
Rhode Island (hopefully the line-up gets better )
Westover ( If it's not canceled )
AC
Oceana
Rotorfest

BTW Steve, if I had a selfish Best friend who was getting married on Memorial Day weekend, I'd just tell him he'll be getting my card and check in the mail then, because I'd definitely be at Jones Beach and the AAM that whole weekend instead buddy !! :wink: Ha!! :cool:

Matt Molnar
2012-03-26, 02:16 PM
I have been invited to farnborough, but don't think I can afford it.
Same here, it's gonna be rough.

Gerard
2012-03-26, 06:07 PM
i'd really, really like to make it to rotorfest one of these years too!

Oh man me too!! But it falls in Sept/Oct range and that is a tough time to get away for the weekend for me. I usually check the dates then
check the life schedule with my wife. :smile:
And part of the Fleetweek is the USMC Fly In/Demo at Eisenhower Park on the Sat of the Air Show. Last year was 2 Cobras, 2 Ospreys and a Seahawk.:cool:

Gerard
2012-03-27, 06:13 PM
) War of 1812 Bicentennial Sailabration and Blue Angels Flyover

Any particulars on this published yet?

Chris S
2012-03-27, 08:42 PM
Well, so far there isn't any info about the actual Fleet Week time schedule yet, but they have posted the list of Tall ships participating in the 2012 NYC Fleet Week- Bicentennial of the War of 1812 festivities between May 23 - 30. As per both the Blue Angels and NAVY Leap Frog websites, the Hudson Flyover and Jump is scheduled for May 23rd.
Here's the official link for the NYC Fleet Week-Bicentennial of the War of 1812 to checkout for the latest info.
http://www.ourflagwasstillthere.org/events/new-york-ny/website-ny.html

U.S. Navy and U.S. Coast Guard ships will be in Manhattan for Fleet Week New York, May 23-30, 2012.

TALL SHIPS VISITING NEW YORK (May 23-30)

Cisne Branco (Brazil)
Gloria (Columbia)
Guayas (Ecuador)
Etoile (France).
Belle Poule (France)
Dewaruci (Indonesia)
Cuauhtemoc (Mexico)
Juan Sebastian Elcano (Spain)
USCGC Eagle (USA)

Gerard
2012-03-28, 06:30 PM
As per both the Blue Angels and NAVY Leap Frog websites, the Hudson Flyover and Jump is scheduled for May 23rd.
Here's the official link for the NYC Fleet Week-Bicentennial of the War of 1812 to checkout for the latest info.
http://www.ourflagwasstillthere.org/events/new-york-ny/website-ny.html

THanks Chris. As they say, "Stay tuned for furthur information".

Big Tim #70
2012-03-31, 07:02 PM
On my books this year.

Jones Beach
RI (Maybe, need more firepower)
Pease
Boston (Maybe)
AC
Brunswick (Maybe)
Daytona (if I can time the vacation right)

MORS-AB-ALTO
2012-04-01, 12:56 PM
MCAS Cherry Point May 5-6th - Catch the Marine Prowlers before they're gone in 2014
Virginia Beach Patriotic Festival June 2-3rd - F-22/Blues/Super Hornet and more on the beach
Thunder Over Michigan August 3-5th - Gathering of Mustangs Lite (over 2 dozen so far!)
NAS Oceana September 15-16th - Please no rain this year!
Aviation Nation November 10-11th - Can't wait to get back to Vegas!

seahawks7757
2012-04-10, 02:31 AM
I would try for Farnborough but loads are due to suck since the Olympics are over there and around that time of the year.