PDA

View Full Version : Firestone 2/3/12

moose135
2012-02-03, 11:07 PM
This might be considered a "self-initiated" encounter. After spending a few hours at HoBe this morning, I headed over to Panera/Firestone. I stopped in for lunch, then drove over to our usual parking area. Backed in near the fence where we usually park was a Nassau County patrol car. I parked a couple of spots away, grabbed my camera, and went over to say hello. I told him I was going to hang out for a while and photograph the arriving aircraft. He said "That's fine, I know you guys come out here all the time." I told him I just wanted to let him know what I was up to, in case they got any calls from "concerned citizens" - he thanked me for that! He spent about 30 minutes, there, taking care of paperwork and such, before he departed. No, I didn't have to go over and tell him what I was doing, and maybe he wouldn't have asked me, but I figured if I was going to be hanging out next to him shooting, it was better to be proactive about it, and he seemed glad I did.

And no, I didn't show him any ID... :tongue:

NIKV69
2012-02-03, 11:45 PM
Well it could have been worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQfdSBq7flw

gonzalu
2012-02-04, 12:16 AM
Somehow I can;t imagine Moose making a run for it like that and getting shot in the back! Man, that would suck...

Delta777LR
2012-02-04, 12:20 PM
no reports of a bunch of middleeastern men spotting lol

kc2aqg
2012-02-09, 05:21 PM
no reports of a bunch of middleeastern men spotting lol

...wearing turbans and hiding in the bushes! LOL

Dabbey
2012-02-09, 09:24 PM
Moose, nice job being proactive about going to the NCPD about what you were doing. I'm sure they appreciated that in the event there were "concerned citizens". I am going to post on another subject thread about the NY Times article recently about photography and the sometimes overzealous law enforcement who infringe on 1st Amendment rights.