PDA

View Full Version : Free Booze Returning to American Airlines International Flights

NYCA News
2012-01-18, 04:30 PM
NYCAviation:

Free Booze Returning to American Airlines International Flights (http://nycaviation.com/2012/01/free-booze-returning-to-american-airlines-international-flights/)

American Airlines has announced that it will once again serve complimentary alcohol on most international flights.
[Click to Read Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2012/01/free-booze-returning-to-american-airlines-international-flights/)]

viapanam
2012-01-19, 11:40 AM
Sorry if I am less than enthused about this. I fly AA internationally a lot, and I had people who drink, become loud and boisterous, and generally disturb everyone around them. Making it free to do so just tempts the fates. I fully understand I am in a small minority here, and it will be nice not to have to pay for the one bottle of wine I occasionally buy with dinner. It is the abuse of the privilege I most worry. about.

mirrodie
2012-01-19, 12:48 PM
Sorry viapanam, but it that were true, I suppose you don't like flying business and first class, where the drinks flow and you've got people like the Baldwins disturbing all.

That said, what bugs me is the overuse of the word FREE.

PhilDernerJr
2012-01-19, 12:57 PM
Overuse?

NIKV69
2012-01-19, 01:02 PM
Can't overuse that word. Especially when you need every pax you can get.

mirrodie
2012-01-19, 02:38 PM
Its not free. Its paid for. Someone is paying for it no matter how you look at it.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Prior to 9-11, it food and drinks were included in the cost of a paid ticket. airline meals were always the butt end of comedian's jokes. Nowadays, people love any meal an airline can throw in. How things have changed.

After 9-11, most airlines removed the food but the ticket price did not reflect a drop in price to account for the food no longer taken.

So no, its NOT a freebie. Its included in the price of the ticket.

NIKV69
2012-01-19, 02:46 PM
So no, its NOT a freebie. Its included in the price of the ticket.

So drink up! If you pay for the ticket and don't take the free drink you're an idiot!