PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Having Problems Posting...

wunaladreamin
2011-12-29, 04:57 PM
From your Android powered shart phone? I click on the field to enter a reply on the forums or in pm and it seems unable to allow me to enter a reply. I have cleared cookies and cache, logged off and back on, and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas???

gonzalu
2011-12-29, 06:44 PM
Kenny,

Do you mean with the old code or the new code? New update seems to have much more support for mobile browsers. On my iPhone it looks much better than before and can more easily post and read... Some functions are little buried, but it isn;t so bad.

Cary
2011-12-29, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I've had some problems with my Android phone and the new forum update. But my data connection is always sketchy, so I thought that was the problem.

wunaladreamin
2011-12-29, 07:18 PM
Manny, it's with the new code. "Quick reply" won't let me type anything, and if I hit "post reply", nothing happens.

Matt Molnar
2012-01-01, 10:09 PM
Sorry, Android people, you suck.

Kidding!

I'm looking into it. Apologies for the problems.

Just to clarify: When you load the site on your phone, are you seeing the mobile version or the full desktop site?

gonzalu
2012-01-02, 12:05 AM
Android folks, if you can, could you use an alternative browser? IS there an option of Opera or Firefox or similar? Make sure you do not use a browser that uses the Chrome Engine and just re-brands the chrome (SIC) ;-)

BTW, Matt, on FULL DESKTOP version on my Firefox desktop browser, I can;t use my ARROW KEYS to navigate in a reply field...

moose135
2012-01-02, 12:52 AM
BTW, Matt, on FULL DESKTOP version on my Firefox desktop browser, I can;t use my ARROW KEYS to navigate in a reply field...
I'm seeing the same thing on FF - at least some of the time. Right now, it's working correctly, but when I was replying to something yesterday, the arrow keys wouldn't navigate within the box.

NIKV69
2012-01-03, 12:56 PM
Matt not to hijack the mobile topic but from a desktop using Chrome I get an ERR empty response, server didn't respond error message when trying to navigate the site a lot. Any ideas?

Cary
2012-01-06, 03:49 PM
Maybe it's just my sucky Android phone, but I don't see any button to Edit a post on the new mobile forum - only buttons for Reporting, Reply, and Reply With Quote.