PDA

View Full Version : Follow us on FB "The Beauty of Aviation" & Twitter @AeroBeauty

YankeeFanInBoston
2011-11-11, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted more often, normally I just browse and look over the interesting photos and news articles. I recently talked to Phil the other night on the phone and he said it would be fine if I posted here with this information. As a fellow Aviation Photographer, I've benefitted greatly at times from the promotion of photos on social media outlets like Twitter and Facebook. As a result of realizing the power of social media on views and exposure, a few of us Aviation Photographers have formed a small group on Twitter called @AeroBeauty and on Facebook called "The Beauty of Aviation" in order to better promote unique and interesting aviation photos from around the world on behalf of photographers.

We'll be posting links on the social media sites of photos from the big Aviation Photography databases (the usual suspects), from our Flickr Group "The Beauty of Aviation" and perhaps some photos we come across here in the forums. There are many benefits to photographers to take advantage of social media, but first we need help building our base of followers. If you're interested in following some of the photos we're promoting, please follow us on Facebook "The Beauty of Aviation" and Twitter @AeroBeauty and feel free to give us some "Likes" or "Re-tweets." If you have any special requests for us to feature your photo, contact us there and we'll get right on that.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

Thank you,

Ron

Cary
2011-11-11, 07:04 PM
Here are direct links to the pages, for those lazier than myself :tongue::

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/beauty.of.aviation
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AeroBeauty

Just for those who don't know, "Ron" is Ron Stella, who is known for a lot of those beautiful KBOS sunset shots you've seen around the web. And I'm a member of this group, too (although I'm well aware that fact will persuade a lot of you to stay far away from it :tongue:).

gonzalu
2011-11-11, 09:10 PM
And I'm a member of this group, too (although I'm well aware that fact will persuade a lot of you to stay far away from it :tongue:).

Damn, I had joined and now just un-joined because of this :tongue:

Cary
2011-11-12, 12:12 AM
Damn, I had joined and now just un-joined because of this :tongue:

Darn, I thought I noticed someone leave the group :eek: