PDA

View Full Version : Pan American Registration - FRG

Zee71
2011-10-31, 10:20 PM
This nagged me .... the Pan American registration placement for the 707 at FRG. After looking at some old Pan American photos on Airliners and JetPhotos and comparing them to the ones taken, I notice the registration number was placed on the right side of the rear door, when it should have been placed on the left side of the rear door. Additionally, when the tiles read "Pan American" on the fuselage, the name of the "Clipper" was above the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door, but when the tiles read "Pan Am", then the name of the "Clipper" was below the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door.

Now I can sleep tonight!

NIKV69
2011-10-31, 10:34 PM
I'll forward this to the Producer and I am sure John Travolta will fly that back to FRG for a re-shoot. LOL.

Gerard
2011-10-31, 10:51 PM
This nagged me .... the Pan American registration placement for the 707 at FRG. After looking at some old Pan American photos on Airliners and JetPhotos and comparing them to the ones taken, I notice the registration number was placed on the right side of the rear door, when it should have been placed on the left side of the rear door. Additionally, when the tiles read "Pan American" on the fuselage, the name of the "Clipper" was above the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door, but when the tiles read "Pan Am", then the name of the "Clipper" was below the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door.
Now I can sleep tonight!

Its TV!!!:tongue: Hell I give them credit for even using a real 707.
Now go to sleep.

Zee71
2011-10-31, 10:55 PM
Yeah....I think they should do a re-shoot.

steve1840
2011-11-01, 07:42 AM
Yeah....I think they should do a re-shoot.

+1 Agreed! :tongue:

megatop412
2011-11-01, 02:29 PM
this time at PHL

moose135
2011-11-01, 08:34 PM
Additionally, when the tiles read "Pan American" on the fuselage, the name of the "Clipper" was above the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door, but when the tiles read "Pan Am", then the name of the "Clipper" was below the blue line to the right of the forward fuselage door.
That part they got correct for the TV show. And I've seen photos both with and without "Jet" in the aircraft name, I guess it was a matter of different styles at different times. I am curious about the registration they used - N1703D - although shown as expired, the number is assigned to a Cessna 170 out of Washington state. I tried Googling the owner's name, to see if there was some connection to Pan Am or the show, but haven't been able to find anything.

Gerard
2011-11-01, 10:05 PM
I am curious about the registration they used - N1703D - although shown as expired, the number is assigned to a Cessna 170 out of Washington state. I tried Googling the owner's name, to see if there was some connection to Pan Am or the show, but haven't been able to find anything.

Ask Fred. If he can tell you. :tongue::rolleyes:

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2011-11-02, 07:20 PM
A big perk of being a SUNY Farmingdale student. Got to see it after class. Very nice plane.