PDA

View Full Version : Rotorfest 2011: Rotorheads’ Delight

NYCA News
2011-09-29, 09:40 AM
NYCAviation:

Rotorfest 2011: Rotorheads’ Delight (http://nycaviation.com/2011/09/rotorfest-2011-rotorheads-delight/)

There simply aren't enough helicopter airshows around the country, but the annual Rotorfest rarely disappoints, as Manny Gonzalez shows us his gallery of mechanized joy.
[Click to Read Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2011/09/rotorfest-2011-rotorheads-delight/)]

steve1840
2011-09-29, 12:09 PM
Great coverage Manny! Wish you could have been there on Saturday to catch the Legacy of Heroes S-92. She was a beauty, but wish I would have had the light that you did on sunday.

gonzalu
2011-09-29, 03:11 PM
That light lasted only for a few morning hours which is in your face... so my luck was only with statics. Demos were of course back-lit :-( and then by the end of the day, the clouds rolled in. The show itself was a bust for me as they had cancellations from the key guests: CH-53 and V-22... without them, it is not a show. And not to mention there were NO DEMOs from Apache and Blackhawks, just their departure pass... and the Navy Blackhawn was stayign overnight so she did not fly... so, the show was not great for me compared to other years... One nice surprise was the meticulously maintained Delaware State PD Helo...

steve1840
2011-09-29, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I considered it pretty much a bust as well. The only highlight for me was the S-92. I had to get my main shots of her static since the light was horrid when it did its 4 passes upon departure. Hopefully next year the weather cooperates leading up to the show and during the weekend of the show.

Gerard
2011-09-29, 08:33 PM
That light lasted only for a few morning hours which is in your face... so my luck was only with statics. Demos were of course back-lit :-( and then by the end of the day, the clouds rolled in. The show itself was a bust for me as they had cancellations from the key guests: CH-53 and V-22... without them, it is not a show. And not to mention there were NO DEMOs from Apache and Blackhawks, just their departure pass... and the Navy Blackhawn was stayign overnight so she did not fly... so, the show was not great for me compared to other years... One nice surprise was the meticulously maintained Delaware State PD Helo...

Yes that 412 is a BEAUTY!! Nice pics!!
One day I will get there or so I keep telling myself. :tongue: