PDA

View Full Version : LGA Yesterday July 16

Speedbird1
2011-07-17, 05:45 AM
I was at Flushing Meadows yesterday and happened to spot the US Airways A319 "Carolina Panthers" N717UW using the Exp/Vis 31 Approach to LGA. I saw no other interesting aircraft. Lots of guys at Planeview Park but as a senior there is no comfort station nearby so I cannot use Planeview. For most of the day, arrivals and departures used Rwy 4 but then arrivals switched to 31. One arrival even used 22 ! Departures used Rwy 4 most of the day.

LGA777
2011-07-17, 10:03 AM
Runway 13-31 was closed from 0600-1400 for construction re-opening about 3 minutes early at 1357. We then briefly departed 13 and landed 4, after a short time changed to land 31 depart 4, then around 1700 or so changed to depart 31 land 22 which stayed in effect to Midnight when LGA closed for construction. The only notable Special Scheme other than the previously mentioned Panthers A-319 was one of the Gold "classic" Southwest schemes departing around 1800.

Speedbird1
2011-07-23, 05:35 AM
I also spotted the classic "Desert Gold" SouthWest on July 22, Reg. # N711HK, named for former CEO and co-founder Herbert Kelleher.
Sadly, LGA has been trashed by Donald Trump but I strongly feel that they do an amazing job with only 2 physical runways to work with. I have always had pleasant experiences when using LGA through the years. I fondly remember the rocking chairs available in the Central Terminal so visitors could relax. The Central terminal has great A/C, shopping and food services. The lines are never long as I've seen in other airports. and my only problem is the arrival/departure signs are often turned-off and I can't find "charging stations" to re-charge batteries.