PDA

View Full Version : Plane Carrying Michelle Obama in Close Call with Cargo Jet at Andrews Air Force Base

NYCA News
2011-04-19, 05:50 PM
NYCAviation:

Plane Carrying Michelle Obama in Close Call with Cargo Jet at Andrews Air Force Base (http://nycaviation.com/2011/04/plane-carrying-michelle-obama-in-close-call-with-cargo-jet-at-andrews-air-force-base/)

A US Air Force jet carrying First Lady Michelle Obama was forced to abort its landing at Andrews Air Force Base when it came too close to a military cargo aircraft, according to a Washington Post report.
[Click to Read Full Article (http://nycaviation.com/2011/04/plane-carrying-michelle-obama-in-close-call-with-cargo-jet-at-andrews-air-force-base/)]

Zee71
2011-04-19, 06:16 PM
I'm watching CNN and talk about making a mountain out of an ant hill. I think CNN should listen to the JFK tower tapes from the other day when they were using 13L and the winds were 15 knots and gusting to 30 or more knots. The tower told many flights to abort because they were too close to the aircraft ahead of them. All I have to say ...... is "Oh Brother!"

cancidas
2011-04-19, 06:18 PM
just about the only thing CNN is good for is sensationalizing everything. it's only a go around!! i can't decided if it's a good or bad thing that the general public is so ignorant towards aviation. if only people knew now commonplace go-arounds were for traffic on the runway etc...

NIKV69
2011-04-19, 06:21 PM
Why did I guess this site would make a simple go around into a close call. Come on guys this is as bad as Biden's plane's jetblast moving a static plane at Gabreski and being made into a big deal.

Zee71
2011-04-19, 06:50 PM
I got a kick out of reading some of the viewer comments related to the story. Then there was I guess a CNN expert who was trying to describe the situation and using google map....and I could swear I thought the guy mention a land speed of 500 mph (what the hell kind of plane comes in and lands at 500 mph...........unless your crashing!!!). CNN facts are all screwed up!!!

megatop412
2011-04-19, 11:15 PM
I was going to say "since when did a go-around become news" but that has been stated already.

I will say that those comments that seem to be at the end of every internet news story are nothing more than the showcasing of some of the biggest ignoramouses known to mankind. Most of them end up devolving into political sparring and inevitably someone spits out the "it's Obama's fault" or "it's Bush's fault" line, even to a completely unrelated story like someone dying of cancer or something. CNN is a terrible news site.