PDA

View Full Version : FBI Aircraft To Work Over Jones Beach

Gerard
2011-04-13, 07:38 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/fbi-aircraft-to-be-used-in-gilgo-case-1.2815878

Not sure if everyone will get the whole article. They are bringing in planes/helicopters to do aerial imaging of the area. Wonder if they will base out of FRG?

njgtr82
2011-04-14, 12:20 AM
They typically use C-172 for this type of stuff that are leased so you'll likely not even notice any odd seeming movements

Gerard
2011-04-14, 08:25 PM
They typically use C-172 for this type of stuff that are leased so you'll likely not even notice any odd seeming movements

DOJ has a Cessna that hangars at FRG but its a 206H and I've never seen it camera equipped. They did have a copter there today also. It was dark colored with a stripe along the bottom which I believe was a Bell 412. Saw that on News12. Pretty funny they talked about the plane then showed footage of blue sky. :confused::biggrin: They FBI copter will be working more tomorrow.

moose135
2011-04-15, 05:15 PM
From today's Newsday - the aerial search was postponed due to "technical problems" with the aircraft, and may resume on Monday. The story said it was an FBI aircraft that came up from Quantico for the mission.

From the report:

Federal officials scrapped a planned aerial operation to search for more human remains on Jones Beach Island on Friday because of technical problems, Suffolk officials said.

Traffic on Ocean Parkway, which was stopped Friday morning for a planned FBI flyover, was reopened just before 4 p.m. The parkway had to be cleared of cars in order to properly calibrate imaging equipment being used to create a hi-res image of the entire barrier island and similar areas, police said. The plane traveled from FBI headquarters in Quantico, Virginia, on Thursday, police said, to assist with the Gilgo Beach serial killer case. The plane made at least one pass Thursday; flights are not expected to resume until Monday at the earliest, officials said.
Full story here: http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/fbi-scraps-planned-aerial-operation-friday-1.2819919

Gerard
2011-04-15, 07:08 PM
From today's Newsday - the aerial search was postponed due to "technical problems" with the aircraft, and may resume on Monday. The story said it was an FBI aircraft that came up from Quantico for the mission."] ("http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/fbi-scraps-planned-aerial-operation-friday-1.2819919[/URL)
t
News12 had footage of a Robinson R44 working over the beach. Looked to be in the same colors as the Bell I saw yesterday. They also said the aircraft coming up from Quantico is a
Blackhawk.

Gerard
2011-04-16, 11:56 AM
LOL I wonder if the "technical problem" is who is paying for this? :biggrin:

Gerard
2011-04-21, 08:11 PM
Anyone know if the FBI UH-60 just flew in and flew out On MondaY?
Interesting in the video that I saw it looked like a military UH-60 with no apparent markings.