PDA

View Full Version : Lost Posts?

Gerard
2011-03-20, 07:29 PM
Not seeing many posts on a bunch of threads. Were they lost with the change over? Lots of posts missing from the DC-7 thread amongst others.

PhilDernerJr
2011-03-20, 07:42 PM
Yes, unfortunately some issues with the new server forced us to go back to the original server, losing everything during the day of the switch.

Very sorry for the trouble, guys. I assure you that these growing pains are very necessary for some big things in the future.

megatop412
2011-03-20, 08:46 PM
No problem, I am really looking forward to these upcoming items more than re-reading my posts anyway

"In Phil and Matt We Trust"

Gerard
2011-03-20, 08:47 PM
Yes, unfortunately some issues with the new server forced us to go back to the original server, losing everything during the day of the switch.

Very sorry for the trouble, guys. I assure you that these growing pains are very necessary for some big things in the future.

OUCH!!!

PhilDernerJr
2011-03-20, 09:57 PM
No problem, I am really looking forward to these upcoming items more than re-reading my posts anyway

"In Phil and Matt We Trust"

HAHA. just to give you an idea, the new server will let the site load faster and just LOAD in the events that we have big spikes in traffic (over 100k in a day was a strain on the old server). In a couple week's we'll have a new site template which will allow for a new writing section, introducing a team of columnists who are professionals in their area of expertise that I think you folks will really enjoy.

Then in a month or two we'll have a big feature launching (still to be a mystery, sorry guys!). We wanted it out sooner, but we're working hard to make sure it's RIGHT and perfect from the gate. I think you folks will enjoy it and you'll find yourselves spending even more time on this site.

sporky
2011-03-20, 10:28 PM
and you'll find yourselves spending even more time on this site.

Oh noes, when is Manny going to sleep now? :cool:

-Tad

gonzalu
2011-03-20, 10:32 PM
NEVER!!! lol... hahhaah. you have no idea LOL

NLovis
2011-03-20, 10:55 PM
Oh noes, when is Manny going to sleep now? :cool:

-Tad

Uh oh. I just cut my 50,000,000 posts a day too. Rats! :wink: