PDA

View Full Version : RepLIcon XXV Scale Model Show returns to the AAM on June 11/12 2011

ch2tdriver
2011-03-07, 06:26 PM
For those of us scale modelers out there, RepLIcon XXV model show and sale is back this year at the AAM. A much better locale than Freeport. I was surprised to see it for June, when it usually is in March/April.

http://www.mataka.org/events/Replicon-6-11-2011.pdf

Pete

alberchico
2011-03-07, 07:25 PM
what exactly will they be selling ? Or is just models on display ?

PhilDernerJr
2011-03-07, 10:41 PM
The guy in that contact info....sounds so familiar, can't quite place it. ;)

I'm very excited...I just recently got into this aspect of the hobby, and m currently building a space shuttle. I suck but it's lots of fun.

moose135
2011-03-07, 11:03 PM
what exactly will they be selling ? Or is just models on display ?
It is a mix of model contest/display, as well as vendors selling plastic model related materials - kits, supplies, books, etc.

Here are photos from the IPMS regional show we hosted last year at the museum: http://www.moose135photography.com/Hobbies/NorEastCon-2010/12022707_LHgCk#853410859_79ERk

Pete, we moved to June when we made the switch to the museum for our show. Normally we hold it at the end of March, that wasn't going to work for the museum's hangar. The IPMS regional will be in early May near Albany, and we didn't want to infringe on their date, so the June weekend worked out best - it's two weeks after Memorial Day, and a week after the Reading air show, so the museum folks are available, and the week before Father's Day. The only bad part - I won't be there. NASCAR moved the date of the Pocono race back one week this year, and it falls on the same weekend. Since I've made all but one race there in the past 20 years, and I renewed my tickets in October, I'll be missing our show.

If anyone has any questions, or needs info about our show, please let me know.

ch2tdriver
2011-03-08, 01:54 PM
Moose,

Kudos to the LISMS for choosing the AAM as the new venue! It's the perfect spot and will draw in a lot more visitor's and hopefully more people to the hobby. I went last year and saw a lot of interest, not only in visitors but also in the number and quality of the vendors. You can bargain with them and I got some great deals.

The only thing is that I like model shows in the winter. It gives me something to look forward to and that's when I build the most. Summer has too much competition with airshows, outdoor activities....etc... to do much model building. But I will attend for sure.

Pete

moose135
2011-06-07, 09:17 AM
Just a reminder - our model show is this weekend at the Airpower Museum. The weather should be great, we've sold out our vendor space, it should be a great show. If you go, let me know how it was...

Speedbagel_001
2011-06-07, 02:07 PM
Is there an admission charge to get in to see the show?

moose135
2011-06-07, 02:14 PM
Yes there is -
$12 for adults, $10 for seniors and veterans, $8 for children 8 - 13, under 8 are free.
That gets you into the museum and show, and if you come down on Saturday, you get free re-admission on Sunday, just keep your wristband.

More information, hours, etc., available here:
http://longislandscalemodel.110mb.com/replicon11/replicon2011.html

ch2tdriver
2011-06-07, 05:23 PM
Yes there is -
$12 for adults, $10 for seniors and veterans, $8 for children 8 - 13, under 8 are free.
That gets you into the museum and show, and if you come down on Saturday, you get free re-admission on Sunday, just keep your wristband.

More information, hours, etc., available here:
http://longislandscalemodel.110mb.com/replicon11/replicon2011.html

Moose,

Any word on if any of the AAM's planes will take to the skies during the show?

moose135
2011-06-07, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't count on it - I've heard a couple will be away at airshows, so they may not have any pilots available. But anything is possible...

alberchico
2011-06-09, 11:26 PM
Are they going to have completed model kits for sale or just on display ?

moose135
2011-06-09, 11:32 PM
You may find some pre-built kits among the vendors, but mostly they will be selling unbuilt kits and supplies. Most of the built-up models will be entered in the contest/display.